Cactus Knife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ankrom Exotics

My Father is a Custom Knifemaker (W.E. Ankrom) and I recently supplied him with a set of Curtis' 'Original Cactus Scales'. I asked him to make a hunting knife for me and here are a couple photos of the finished product.

Pretty sweet, eh?

Thanks for the pics, Curtis.

Ankrom12.jpg

Ankrom2.jpg

Drop Point Hunter by W.E. Ankrom dressed in 'Original Cactus Scales' (Magma Red) by Curtis Seebeck.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You really had to have that knife in your hands to really appreciate the fine craftsmanship that went into it. It is by far the most absolute perfect fit and finish of any knife I have ever had my hands on. It is not a kit knife, either. Correct me if I am wrong, Pat, but all of the parts are made by hand from raw bar stock!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow!!! That is certainly stunning!!! I love it:biggrin:

Curtis took a damned good picture too:eek:

I need to ask a dumb question ( to either you or Curtis ); Do you apply a finish (CA?) over the blank ( scale) to seal the cactus from absorbing moisture?

That's correct Curtis. Every part of the knife is handmade from raw stock.

That knife was actually just a quickie that he threw together for me. Most of his stuff is much more elaborate, artsy and needless to say..... pricy.

Some of his more impressive 'eye candy' is pictured below.

Skiprat....... to the best of my knowledge there is no finish applied. Simply sanded and buffed. Some penturners apply a CA finish to Curtis' Cactus pen blanks, I do believe.

ankrom02.jpg

Chute Knife with interchangeable blades plus linerlock folder in handmade fitted box.
Engraving by Gil Rudolph

Last edited:
I would like that red one made into a gun stock.........now that would be smashing too! This is a beautiful piece of work!! Nicely done............

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Wow :eek::eek: Absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to hold it (and not give it back!!!)

Pat sent it to me so I could photograph it and I did not want to send it back! He had to threatent to send Guido after me!! It fits my hand perfectly and has awesome balance.

Oh, btw, the set that Pat posted further down...you can own it for $15,000! Pat's dad is pretty well known in the knife collector's world!

Top Bottom