Cactus...almost there

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mharvey

I will need to work more pressure...to get rid of the bubbles...and refine the PR mix so the ends do not blow out so easy...but the colors look good....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice!

The nice thing about PR is that you have time to vacuum them to get rid of most of the bubbles and then pressure them to hide the smallest ones that wouldn't pop.

Be careful with "more pressure". The HarborFreight pressure pots have been known to blow their lid. If you really need high pressure invest in a Binks pot. They are MUCH better quality.

mharvey

Art, I am on reserve duty until the 28th...in the woods...but will bring in my blems to building 20 if interested...figure half sized unturned, undrillrf blanks if you are interested...still tinkering with colors and powder...you may like or have some advice...I used some antler on the one that blew out...I have a box full of turned blanks waiting on pens....

pensbydesign

if the resin is good and warm the bubbles come out easy i pour mine in the cup and let sit next to the wood stove for 20 min or so i have cast with no pressure or vac with no bubble and it works

Top Bottom