CABALLERO ROLLER BALL TO FOUNTAIN PEN CONVERSION KIT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
CABALLERO ROLLER BALL TO FOUNTAIN PEN CONVERSION KIT REVIEW

DISCLAIMER: I sell these kits in my store. They are for use with the SPW Caballero Pen Kits that I also sell in my store. I do not recommend them for use with any similar pen kit even though they will probably work with any Jr. Gent 1 pen kit they have not been tried with any pen kit except the SPW Caballero

The Conversion kit consists of the following:

• 1 Fountain Pen Front End/Nib Assembly for SPW Caballero Pen Kit.
  • 1 cap/clip trim ring 1/16th thick.
  • 1 FP ink Cartridge
  • Black Titanium kit only - 1 ink converter

1. Follow normal Caballero RB Instructions for drilling turning and finishing the barrels.
  2. Prior to assembly remove the following parts from the kit and set them aside. Roller Ball Front End Assembly, Roller Ball Spring and Roller Ball refill.
  3. Follow the Normal Caballero instructions to assemble the lower barrel using either black chrome threaded couplers or kit matching plated threaded couplers.
  4. Follow normal instructions for installing the center band in the upper barrel.
  5. Take the cap and clip and the 1/16th trim ring and assemble the cap to the clip then the trim ring. Then press the assembly into the other end of the upper tube. A spot of glue of your choice on the side of the cap before pressing in is recommended.
You now have a fountain pen which can easily be converted to a roller ball by removing the fountain pen front end and cartridge (or ink converter) and installing the roller ball spring, roller ball refill and roller ball front end.

Now the Review. The only new parts visible are the trim ring and the FP front end. Both are well finished and look good.

Assembly as with all kits of this style is easy and the only thing to watch is that you get the nib coupler on the right end of the lower barrel. And that you get the trim ring on after the clip on the cap/clip/ 1/16th trim ring assembly.

As with most kits of this type you might want to add a spot of glue on the center band and on the cap/clip/trim ring assembly. I would recommend blue thread holding loctite rather than CA or Epoxy.

The finished pen looks good and the nib writes very well for a low cost nib.
caballero conversion 10-21-2015 1-22-58 PM 1245x1303.jpg

Top Bottom