Ca recycling tutorial :>)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
In case you didn't realize it I use a lot of CA.
I have recently started recyling CA in some instances where it doen't have any effect on the piece..
Before I glue my tubes I "seal" the inside with thin CA.Some always runs out the other end.
I took a bar of parqaffin and hollowed out a recess and then a trough on one end.( make two of these)
When I drizzle the CA into one I try to "aim" it on the end of the other blank.When I have finsidhed with the first blank I set the second blank in the othre trough and pur the first one onto the second.
Today a light bulb went off.
I absent mindedly picked up an empty CA bottle with a rat tail on it.
When I squeezed the tube( next to my ear and realized it was empty but not clogged) I set it down.In the process of drizzling the blank, I wondered if I could use the empty bottle with the "rattail" like a baster and "suck up" the glue that I had already used and was sitting in the paraffin trough.
It worked like a charm.
I make my own rattails from aquarium tubing by heating till "clear" with a lighter(zippo of course, only what real men use)and stretching it till I have 2 tails. when the cool I cut them in half.
BTW, after the glue in the blanks has set I give the inside a shot of accelerant and redrill.
I haven't thrown out an empty glue bottle but never knew why I was saving them.
until today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

"When I squeezed the tube( next to my ear and realized it was empty but not clogged) I set it down."

Haven't you had bad luck with that before Eagle?[:D]

Fangar

Originally posted by coach
<br />"When I squeezed the tube( next to my ear and realized it was empty but not clogged) I set it down."

Haven't you had bad luck with that before Eagle?[:D]

"My lips are sealed"... LOL

Fangar

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />

(zippo of course, only what real men use)

My brother and I were discussing Zippo lighters just today. I myself have wimped out and went bic. I remember those leg burns from too much lighter fluid really well[:p]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Jim Boyd
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />

(zippo of course, only what real men use)

My brother and I were discussing Zippo lighters just today. I myself have wimped out and went bic. I remember those leg burns from too much lighter fluid really well[:p]

That's wht I got one of those leather "lighter holsters" for my belt.
It was when I put it in my shirt pocker that I really suffered.

rtparso

I haven't thrown out an empty glue bottle but never knew why I was saving them.
until today
How about because you a cheep. [:D] Come on that was to easy.

I use a torch to light my smokes. Good well aged cigars. If only my hair aged as well as my cigars!!! And it can solder to. They now make a butane insert for zippos so you can be styling and have a good ligher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom