• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
HAve you ever squirted CA glue in your ear while testing to see if the nozzle is clogged.
(Don't ask why I selected this question)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawdustier

Dang! You know you have to explain to us newbies how things are done. I've been testing mine by putting a test drop on a piece of paper. Think of all the CA I've been wasting doing that when I all I had to do was stick it in my ear.[}:)][:p][:D]

BTW....how did you get the CA out?

Fangar

No, but as a kid I used to make blow guns where I would hand roll my darts out of paper, CA, and a finishing nail. One time I was in a hurry and glued my lips completely shut after blowing into the blow gun with the dart still wet with CA. It was also bad as I had a stuffy nose and could barely breath. My sister used nail polish remover to get my lips open. I was wounded for weeks.

LOL. What a dumb boy I was.... Uh Am.

James

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Fangar
<br />No, but as a kid I used to make blow guns where I would hand roll my darts out of paper, CA, and a finishing nail. One time I was in a hurry and glued my lips completely shut after blowing into the blow gun with the dart still wet with CA. It was also bad as I had a stuffy nose and could barely breath. My sister used nail polish remover to get my lips open. I was wounded for weeks.

LOL. What a dumb boy I was.... Uh Am.

James

Compared to that story I feel like a genius now.
That's for elevating my mental cpacity

slincoln

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />HAve you ever squirted CA glue in your ear while testing to see if the nozzle is clogged.

I haven't done that but, did get some on my fly once. Didn't discover it until some time later after some liquid refreshments.[:I]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by slincoln
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />HAve you ever squirted CA glue in your ear while testing to see if the nozzle is clogged.

I haven't done that but, did get some on my fly once. Didn't discover it until some time later after some liquid refreshments.[:I]
I'm not even going to ask.[^]

alamocdc

ROTFLMAO, Eagle! You can only imagine the visual I got with this! To answer your question; nope, but I spun some into my eye about 20 years ago while making wire spoke wheels for an RC plane. [B)][:0][xx(] SPent 4 hours in the base ER with a saline drip running in my eye. No damage, other than to my pride. [:D]

JimGo

I wear hearing aids, so if I did this, I'd be in REAL trouble! But, if it makes you feel better, somehow I managed to get a big glop of CA in my hair a few weeks ago. It was right where the band from my face shield went around my head, and when I pulled off the face shield I didn't know it was there. Rather painful, and a royal pain to get out of my hair! I've also glued fingers together too many times to count, and have a nice blister on the pad of my middle finger that is still recovering from some CA that got extra hot about 2 weeks ago.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have found the easiest way to get it off my fingers(all that I don't pick off while watching T.V. at nite) is a "pumice" stone I bought at the Dollar store.
It has a brush on the other end.
I have tried acetone and it will work,but I have other uses for acetone.

Murphy

I am fairly new to this site and new to penturning too. Unfortuneatly CA glue seems to be the answer to a lot of things in penturning. When I finally get this pen blank unglued from the palm of my hand and get around to cleaning all the CA off my lathe, I would love to discuss this with all of you one time. Obviously I am much to smart to put this near my ear. (HA)
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom