CA Glue problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

I was out in the shop last weekend gluing up some blanks. I used thick and medium, put the caps back on good and tight, went back out today and both bottles hard as a rock. Got a new bottle of medium Out of the fridge and its thicker than my thick after sitting for a day. I bought these 3 bottles plus 2 I've already used about 6 weeks ago. Not sure whats going on, never had this much set up this fast. Its 2P-10, anybody else have this problem with this brand?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crickett

I've used that brand and I find it does thicken up eventually, never that fast though.
Could it be your humidity even though the caps were put back on??

I get all of my glue from Monty down in Houston... I did get a bottle from him earlier this spring that was supposed to be medium, but was very thick... I attributed it to a bad batch... it stayed liquid for over half the bottle then got to be too hard to get out of the bottle, so I tossed it... didn't think any more about it. He has a good quality glue and good prices..

reddwil

I've gotten glue from Monty before also. I bought this p2-10 at a local hardwood supplier when I was there getting wood. Woodcraft sells it so I thought it was good. And I was satisfied with it. The thin is fine. I was more surprised at how fast it went bad. Friday to Monday is fast.

bradh

Got a new bottle of medium Out of the fridge and its thicker than my thick after sitting for a day.

This might be the answer. You should let the CA warm-up before removing the cap otherwise air humidity can condensate on the cold CA and activate the glue setting.

Hucifer

I had that problem with Gorilla glue. No matter how tight the cap was or all the air squeezed out it hardened on me. I know it's not CA and it cures with moisture, and I was living in Houston...

I use Monty's CA and have never had a problem. Heck I have even left the cap off overnight once and expected to have to throw it out - but it was fine.

Top Bottom