CA Flame Finish Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

That is cool. I like it because I can play with fire and possibly create what you refer to as a fireball. :)

I actually prefer shiny but I think I might try it out.

Have you tried flame on Acrylic? Have you seen that video of the guy making a duck call that someone posted a while back? He flamed the inside to make it clear.

Thanks for the videos. Pretty cool technique.

Brooks803

Flippin' awesome. Now let you nails grow our a little :biggrin:

Lol...wish I could! I don't bite my nails but I have to keep them short. Otherwise I get ingrown nails.

That is cool. I like it because I can play with fire and possibly create what you refer to as a fireball. :)

I actually prefer shiny but I think I might try it out.

Have you tried flame on Acrylic? Have you seen that video of the guy making a duck call that someone posted a while back? He flamed the inside to make it clear.

Thanks for the videos. Pretty cool technique.

I tried it on a clear PR blank and a pigmented PR blank. The clear had decent results but the pigmented one didn't do anything.

However I do want to try a CA finish over a pigmented blank and see what happens.

ChrisN

Thanks for the videos! That's something I want to try sometime... One thing: how far away from the blank are you holding the torch? Does the flame touch the blank at all?

Brooks803

Nice video Jonathan. If you mess up is the blank ruined or can you sand down the ca and start again?

You can. On the ca video I wasn't happy with those sanding spots so I turned it off and refinished it. I'm shooting the flame finish portion for it tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing Jonathan. Where do you buy that sandpaper? Thanks.

I get mine from my local turning store. Amazon has it.

Thanks for the videos! That's something I want to try sometime... One thing: how far away from the blank are you holding the torch? Does the flame touch the blank at all?

The very tip of the flame does touch at times. I try not to as to not blister it. The torch is about 5-6" away from the blank

ossaguy

I can't have an open flame at my storage unit,but I do have a nice heat gun.I think I might try that.

I think I'll try it out on some just-turned-round blanks to practice,in case I screw it up.

Thanks for the videos!

Steve

Top Bottom