CA Finish Time??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwc

I'm just curious. Those of you who use a CA finish alot, how long does it take you. In other words, how much longer do you spend when you use CA compared to say, when you used friction polish if you ever did?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

4 coats of CA, sanding and polishing...10 minutes tops. It's been so long since I've used friction polish, I can't tell you the time difference.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by kenwc
<br />I'm just curious. Those of you who use a CA finish alot, how long does it take you. In other words, how much longer do you spend when you use CA compared to say, when you used friction polish if you ever did?

Thanks

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I use 3-4 coats and the time's about 10-15 minutes tops(unless I make a mistake [:(][:(]). This is maybe 2x as long as a FP, but IMHO, it makes a 100X better finish.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Actually, the time to do the finish is the same. In fact, all things considered, the CA finish might be the faster.

It may only take 2 minutes to apply the shellac Friction Polish, but the new finish is warm and soft and shouldn't be handled until it has cooled down to room temperature. That can take several minutes. It is also best to wait until the next day to assemble the pen.

A CA finish takes 10 minutes and it can be handled and assembled immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom