CA/ Cold Workshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Pat; I find that keeping my CA in a cooler place adds to the shelf life of the product. I buy my CA in 8oz bottles and may only make a few pens a month. I try to keep my shop about 60 degrees and have never had any problems with the CA glues. Jim S

sbwertz

Heat is more of a problem than cold. I store it in the freezer or the fridge. Heat will ruin it though.

toddlajoie

If you are not using accelerator, it will be MUCH slower to cure in colder/drier air, which can be frustrating, but it will come out just fine if you have patience.

I would worry more about when it is warm and wet, high humidity can cause your nice shiny CA finish to turn cloudy several days to several months after completing, which to me is the ultimate frustration, a finish that comes out perfect at the moment, then goes bad sitting in the case...

edstreet

I see no reason why you would not be able to. Also keep in mind that accelerator is over rated as none is needed. The other thing to mention on that is you want a slower dry time to prevent a good hefty number of problems.

CrimsonKeel

Ive been doing a few pens in my garage which is around 20° F and i have to either heat the ca or take it inside to fully cure. so I cna use the pinch friction method to heat ti but it gives me a cloudy not shiny look. so lately ive been adding a coat taking inside for a few hours then putting another coat on. and repeating.

Top Bottom