CA Brands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wright_714

I was wondering what brands of CA and what consistencies people are using to get the best finishes... I was using the Satellite City brand medium CA and getting some pretty decent results, but at WC the other day they had Titebond CA on sale and I tried it. For some reason it looks like a better finish on the afzelia I was working on than I was getting before.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I use what member Monty sells. I started using Gorilla brand CA bought locally. It costs as much for .5 oz as what Monty (Mannie) sells his 2 oz for. It was a firly thick CA glue as well. I have gotten better results since switching to using 2-3 coats of thin first, followed by the medium for as many coats as I need.
I stopped using CA glue for gluing tubes in early on and have never looked back. Much fewer problems for me using 2 part epoxy (again Monty has the best prices I have found) and it sets up and is ready to turn within just 10 minutes or so.

raar25

I hope no one takes offence to this, but I have found CA is CA, its the accelorator I have found has more impact. Aerosole is what works best for me because I can use less more finely misted.

76winger

I've been using Stick Fast as sold by Rockler and Woodturningz (and I'm sure many others) along with the accellerator by the same brand. I buy the larger bottles to save a little on overall price. I've been very pleased with results every time I use it, so I haven't tried any of the others.

Note: I didn't try a different brand accelerator once, and it didn't work well with the Stickfast CA, so I just use both by the same brand now.

Top Bottom