bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jimbo1943

I am reorganizing my bushing when I found a bag with 3 bushings with only marking 87386-820 anyone know what they are for?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I suggest you look at your kits and try to figure it out that way. Measure with calipers. Check the cigar kit and larger kits.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
First step, try the bushings in various brass tubes for the pens you make. When you find the tubes that fit the bushings, you PROBABLY have found the match. To confirm, measure the OD of the large side of the bushing against the OD of the components for the tubes you have found. When everything matches, your task is complete.

I love a mystery.
What we know: 3 bushings: probably a two barrel pen. (I say probably bc PSI (others?) will occasionally use an existing bushing set for a new pen (ie the Anvil) ).
The coding on the bushing plastic thingy says (to me) that it's a relatively recent purchase. I don't recall (and don't see) that coding on my older bushing sets.
The spec on bushings is usually to 0.001". HA! I laugh in your face! That might be good but the first use (when you sand to the bushing) will take away some of that bushing. I'll replace bushings when I get a lot of use on them. So if you're searching the database, it would be wise to only get "close".
Perhaps a PSI bushing set (does anybody else use that style coding?)

So - more info needed. Pics would be good and what you measured them to would be even better.

Top Bottom