Bushing Inventory Spreadsheet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If you think this spreadsheet might be helpful to you, you are welcome to download it and use it as you wish.

Whenever I'm trying a new kit for the first time (and especially if I'm not sure if I'll ever buy more than one), I always check to see if I might already have bushings that I could use for that kit. Even if they aren't exact, I'll sometimes use a bushing that's close as a rough guide to get close before using calipers. Sometimes I'll use make my own bushings & sometimes I'll just use calipers, but in general, I like to use bushings - I just don't like to pay an extra $4 or $5 when I want to experiment with a kit.

I knew I had a lot of bushings on hand, but I wasn't sure how many and I couldn't always remember exactly what I had when I was contemplating a new kit. So, I decided to create this Bushing Inventory Spreadsheet. I started with a list of all my bushings and columns for Pen Kits and Tube & Bushing sizes. Then I filled in the sizes for all the Tubes & Bushings and used the Bushings & Tubes app to search for all kits that use those exact sized bushings. Then I sorted it by size for the cap (or single) bushing set.

Now when I want to buy a new kit, I can quickly refer to this spreadsheet to see if I already have the appropriate bushings or some that are close enough and decide if I want to use something that i already have, buy those for that kit, make my own, or just use calipers.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. If something like this is useful to enough folks, I might try to incorporate it into a future update to our app.

This screenshot shows what the spreadsheet looks like so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about without having to download the actual spreadsheet itself.

1674435104879.png

Attachments

• Bushing Inventory.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Edgar I am gathering you are just starting this list. I for one think this list would be the most helpful in so many ways. I always wished that each and every vendor would take the time to have a list of kits and the bushing sizing and numbers that match all kits that they sell. With so many kits similar but under different names it is impossible to know what is what any more. All these vendors want to do is SELLLLLLLLLLLLL and that is fine but if they had a list on their web site it would make things a little easier and this work you are now doing would not be necessary. I am talking about all vendors. If you sell Dayacom kits or PSI kit or whoever kits then be responsible and not just post this bushing fits all JR series kits. That is lazy in my eyes. If you can do it so can they!!!!! I am in huge favor of this idea. Thank you.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Actually, this is a complete list of all the bushings I have in my shop. I just wanted a convenient catalog of my kits so I could fairly easily determine if I already have an exact or suitable set of bushings when I buy a new kit.

A cross reference list by vendors would be nice, but I doubt if it will ever happen. Some don't even post on-line instructions or bushing & tube dimensions.

Our app makes it fairly easy to pull out the information in this spreadsheet for a given list of bushings, but it has to be done manually. I just thought I'd post my list here & anyone who is interested can download it and use it as a starting point to create their own list for their own bushing inventory. I might add such a feature to the app someday, but it's not a trivial coding exercise.

jttheclockman

Actually, this is a complete list of all the bushings I have in my shop. I just wanted a convenient catalog of my kits so I could fairly easily determine if I already have an exact or suitable set of bushings when I buy a new kit.

A cross reference list by vendors would be nice, but I doubt if it will ever happen. Some don't even post on-line instructions or bushing & tube dimensions.

Our app makes it fairly easy to pull out the information in this spreadsheet for a given list of bushings, but it has to be done manually. I just thought I'd post my list here & anyone who is interested can download it and use it as a starting point to create their own list for their own bushing inventory. I might add such a feature to the app someday, but it's not a trivial coding exercise.
Sorry I did not read that part about your own inventory but it is a great idea. This industry or hobby or whatever you want to call it has taken huge steps to expanding pen kits over the years. Many are gadget pens and fit basically on the same platform so bushings probably are the same. Others have copied kits but changed names and some may use the same tubes and bushings and yet there are those that just tweak them enough and it cause new sales of peripherals such as tubes and bushings. The kit listing in the library is a huge catalog of info that took hours to put together and well appreciated by all here. Nowhere else you get what you can find here. Thanks for yours and Wayne's tireless hours of work.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Well said, John. Thank goodness all (AFIK) of the Sierra/Gatsby clones use the same tubes & bushings (except for the 3/8" versions).

Edgar I am gathering you are just starting this list. I for one think this list would be the most helpful in so many ways. I always wished that each and every vendor would take the time to have a list of kits and the bushing sizing and numbers that match all kits that they sell. With so many kits similar but under different names it is impossible to know what is what any more. All these vendors want to do is SELLLLLLLLLLLLL and that is fine but if they had a list on their web site it would make things a little easier and this work you are now doing would not be necessary. I am talking about all vendors. If you sell Dayacom kits or PSI kit or whoever kits then be responsible and not just post this bushing fits all JR series kits. That is lazy in my eyes. If you can do it so can they!!!!! I am in huge favor of this idea. Thank you.
Thanks this chart will be most useful

Top Bottom