Bushing for EB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hess

I got 2 EB pens from Ed and 2 CF blanks. I had assumed that the EB kits were the same as a sierra as far as bushing but the Sierra bushings are to big for the CF blanks tube.

I rechecked the listing on the site and it say not all EBs are the same and this blank needs a .33dia. anyone know who sells a bushing for this.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all

Hess

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chrisk

I wish I am wrong but as far as I know Ed Brown and Aaron Lau don't offer the same EB. I think that Ed ones are Berea kits while Aaron Lau's are Dayacom ones. I know for sure that Dayacom Elegant Beauties require a 23/64" (9,1mm) drill bit and the blank's (and kit parts) final diameter is 12 mm (0,472").

Last edited:

PenMan1

I wish I am wrong but as far as I know Ed Brown and Aaron Lau don't offer the same EB. I think that Ed ones are Berea kits while Aaron Lau's are Dayacom ones. I know for sure that Dayacom Elegant Beauties require a 23/64" (9,1mm) drill bit and the blank's (and kit parts) final diameter is 12 mm (0,472").

Yep, not only are the bushings different sizes, the Berea and the Dayacom EB pen tubes have a different I.D. It is close enough that with a shot of red Loctite the fenial will stop popping out on the Berea kits.

PenMan1

The bushings for either kit will work AS LONG AS YOU USE A CALIPER TO DETERMINE YOUR FINAL DIMENSIONS.

You really should be doing that anyway as all bushings change in size (assuming they were correctly sized to beginwith) every time you whack them with the skew or sand paper.

johnnycnc

The bushings for either kit will work AS LONG AS YOU USE A CALIPER TO DETERMINE YOUR FINAL DIMENSIONS.

You really should be doing that anyway as all bushings change in size (assuming they were correctly sized to beginwith) every time you whack them with the skew or sand paper.

With all due respect,
I believe the original poster is in need of a NON Sierra type elegant beauty
bushing. The Dayacom Elegant Beauty, is not a Sierra variant of any sort.
Thus the bushings will not interchange at all.
the tube i'd. he states he needs at .330 is not even close to the Sierra at .387 or so. Caliper won't fix that.:)

Russianwolf

I really wish Berea hadn't started all this confusion.

Dayacom sells the Elegant Beauty. LauLau is a reseller as is CSUSA under the Aero name. Only two places I know of that have that kit. Lacewood used to sell it also, but it looks like they've stopped.

Berea makes the Elegant Beauty Sierra.... It is a Sierra kit that was made to LOOK LIKE the actual Elegant Beauty. The looks are were the similarities between the two ends. Is uses Sierra Bushings.

If you got your kits from Ed, they are the Elegant Sierra.

One way to tell the difference is the band where the clip attaches. the band on the EB is about 1-2mm wide and flat. The band on the elegant sierra is about 5mm wide and bulges slightly.

Edit:Looking at the Exotics site, you got the Sierra EB kits and the EB tubed CF blanks. You need the Sierra tubed CF blanks for that kit, or the EB kits from either Laulau or CSUSA for the one you have. And the bushings for the EBs too make them. You won't be able to press the parts for the Sierra EB into those tubes.

Last edited:

Hess

With all due respect,
I believe the original poster is in need of a NON Sierra type elegant beauty
bushing. The Dayacom Elegant Beauty, is not a Sierra variant of any sort.
Thus the bushings will not interchange at all.
the tube i'd. he states he needs at .330 is not even close to the Sierra at .387 or so. Caliper won't fix that.:)

Correct the bushing is for the CF blank ed sells for the EB not the eb kit itself but the CF blank that has a tube in it say the bushing needed in .33 for the blank not the kit. his kits may be fine but whoever is making that blank is no t making it for a sierra

I know im confusing you all here

Hess

Dayacom sells the Elegant Beauty. LauLau is a reseller as is CSUSA under the Aero name. Only two places I know of that have that kit. Lacewood used to sell it also, but it looks like they've stopped.

Berea makes the Elegant Beauty Sierra.... It is a Sierra kit that was made to LOOK LIKE the actual Elegant Beauty. The looks are were the similarities between the two ends. Is uses Sierra Bushings.

One way to tell the difference is the band where the clip attaches. the band on the EB is about 1-2mm wide and flat. The band on the elegant sierra is about 5mm wide and bulges slightly.

Edit:Looking at the Exotics site, you got the Sierra EB kits and the EB tubed CF blanks. You need the Sierra tubed CF blanks for that kit, or the EB kits from either Laulau or CSUSA for the one you have. And the bushings for the EBs too make them. You won't be able to press the parts for the Sierra EB into those tubes.

RW you got it now who do I buy what from hate tp waste ether

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you like, Exotics would take back your Elegant Beauty Carbon fiber blanks and exchange them for sierra blanks, then you can use our kits and bushings.

We don't have bushings for the Dayacom manufactured Elegant Beauty. So, can't help you there.

(Frankly, I did not think about the confusion on the Elegant Beauty when we got the carbon-fiber blanks--been too busy for it to "register")

Hess

If you like, Exotics would take back your Elegant Beauty Carbon fiber blanks and exchange them for sierra blanks, then you can use our kits and bushings.

We don't have bushings for the Dayacom manufactured Elegant Beauty. So, can't help you there.

(Frankly, I did not think about the confusion on the Elegant Beauty when we got the carbon-fiber blanks--been too busy for it to "register")

So if I understand this .. the 2 eb kits I have from you dont fit the CF blanks sold by you for the EB?

If so the nice man in Granbury wasted his time on a cold wet day to help out a fellow turner, but to no end?
Cost us both over 2 hrs, Thanks Harold it was very good of you to even come out on such a day

Soo what you are offering is for me to pay to ship back the 2 eb CF and you will replace them with 2 cf for the eb kits That I got from you? So I'm out shipping to get it fixed.

Your site is new to me I did see the mention of .33 blanks but never did and EB before So I had no idea there was a problem.

I have to say I wish these kits would have went where ever the rest of that 1st order went and it would have saved us both a lot of hassle.

Ed Im sure you are as busy as a cat in a litter box But we are batting real bad here. lost an order 100.00 then this and now a canceled 140? order and I get to pay some more to get it fixed humm.. Not to mention the 3 weeks this has been going on. You dont any offer to make it up to me in a discount or anything. Just pay to ship and get what you need

Today I got a satin Vertex in the mail form PSI. 0 cost on it so I called they said it was to correct an error they made. I dont know what error they made but they sent me another kit for what ever it was

well you got me by the short hairs so they will go out as soon as post opens please watch for them and turn them around on return
Thanks
Hess

Hess

Ed after thinking about it I have decided not to waste anymore of my time or money with you. Anyone says you give top service so hopefully my experience is just one in a 1000. but the fact that you expect me to put out rather then you showing me some of that Handshake you spoke of, well my business just dont mean that much to you. FIY WT has done over 1000 in sales with me in the last month and not one single problem

You have to admit you have not come though for me.
I would have thought you would have been a tad more aggressive about showing me you really wanted to deal with me but you have done the bare min you had to

I found all I need though Craft USA and with no confusing site issues.

Respectfully
R Heston
USDOJ

Russianwolf

U

Buy kits to match your blanks you have from laulauwoods.com (called the eb there) or csusa (called the aero there).

The the kits you have will take any blank made for the sierra.

Please don't blame ed for usps mistake in loosing a package, or for berea causing this confusion with the eb.

Hess

U

Buy kits to match your blanks you have from laulauwoods.com (called the eb there) or csusa (called the aero there).

The the kits you have will take any blank made for the sierra.

Please don't blame ed for usps mistake in loosing a package, or for berea causing this confusion with the eb.

I would say that I have never brought anything to a site like this. UPS had noting to do with it. it was sent out from ED that way. my beef it took 3 weeks to get it fixed. again this is between Ed and I but he is not the easiest to email or reach by phone for me

This is not and has not been intended to be a flame Im just very tired and frustrated with my dealings with this vendor I know this is more than like not his norm but for me it has been a joke

You were very helpful in letting me know the issue and were to get them at. Had to look up what those places were was glad to see I had been using one of them all along. For me the matter is closed I will not bring it up again crap happens to all of us.

Top Bottom