Burning Sunset

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LL Woodworks

LL Woodworks

Getting gun shy of posting to this forum - it seams that only the "popular" members are getting feed back. None the less - here is my 9th custom FP. I thought this blank was amazing, it was supplied by "Slabs Blanks and Boards" called Burning Sunset and my photography skills do not do this blank justice. Postable; 1/2-28 cap threads, #6 Guilded Bock nib, converter or cartridge capable. As Doc would say - "Thanks for looking, hope you like it".

Attachments

• tn_Sig_09.JPG
    tn_Sig_09.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 493
  • tn_Sig_09a.JPG
    tn_Sig_09a.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 492

wizard

Lynn, That is beautiful! Gorgeous pen! Love the vivid colors.The blank and the gold hardware go great together. Lynn, please try not to be gun shy...I love seeing your great work and your photography is just fine..so please keep showing!!!! Regards, Doc:)

juteck

No need to be gun shy. I like the shape and colors on this one so much, feel free to ship it to me at .......... :biggrin:

dbledsoe

I think that may be one of the prettiest pens I have seen posted. I'd be proud to carry it and use it, if I could bring myself to actually put ink in it. Out of curiosity, how many threads does the cap engage on the barrel?

Jim Burr

Banned
I like the postable option you tossed in...and of course as beautiful as it is, should be displayed on my desk!!

InvisibleMan

Wow, that's a beauty! I love the material.

As far as feedback, it may just be my incorrect perception, but it seems there are no fewer "likes" attached to pen posts, but actual posts are down overall. I think this is natural when a "like" button is available. There have been many times I didn't really have anything to say other than I like the pen, so I click the button. Plus, I surf on my phone much more now, and posing is a pain in the butt, so I most likely just look without saying anything.

Everybody will appreciate a well executed pen like this one, though, even if they don't type a response.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wow, that's a beauty! I love the material.

As far as feedback, it may just be my incorrect perception, but it seems there are no fewer "likes" attached to pen posts, but actual posts are down overall. I think this is natural when a "like" button is available. There have been many times I didn't really have anything to say other than I like the pen, so I click the button. Plus, I surf on my phone much more now, and posing is a pain in the butt, so I most likely just look without saying anything.

Everybody will appreciate a well executed pen like this one, though, even if they don't type a response.

This is an interesting and valid point!! Since FaceBook's stock market IPO, there has been significant discussion about their inability to handle "mobile unit" access. They project that 30% of the interface with the internet is now mobile. This could, indeed be effecting the comment volume on forums.

But, I am still on a computer, so "Great looking pen, Lynn!!!" Let's see some more!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Texatdurango

Getting gun shy of posting to this forum - it seams that only the "popular" members are getting feed back. None the less - here is my 9th custom FP. I thought this blank was amazing, it was supplied by "Slabs Blanks and Boards" called Burning Sunset and my photography skills do not do this blank justice. Postable; 1/2-28 cap threads, #6 Guilded Bock nib, converter or cartridge capable. As Doc would say - "Thanks for looking, hope you like it".

My 3 cents worth........

I think you have it all wrong, I'm far from being one of the popular guys around here but I get my share of comments when I post Because..... I usually add a line like.... "Any constructive comments or critiques welcome". That lets folks know that regardless of what I think of the pen, I am always open to suggestions.

One thing that might turn people off from giving their honest opinion is when we see comments similar to.... "I think the pen turned out great, it looks fantastic, I'm really proud of this one, etc). Who wants to bust someones bubble by making a negative comment or making suggestions for improvement! :)

I like this pen but would think a section with a little more shape would make the pen look really sharp. The section or "grip" is the most important part of a pen as far as writing comfort goes, focus on that and make it the focal point of your pen!:wink:

Kretzky

Nicely done! Blank is stunning, the overall shape is great & the cap isn't top heavy as with some. Great job!
David

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Like a few have said, if someone doesn't actually ask for critique, then it can actually be rude to point out what we may or may not like about it.
I see loads of stunning pens and I hardly comment unless asked. I do hit the 'Like' button frequently though. I know this is controversial but please don't anyone pick on it but I also very rarely comment or even 'Like' a pen if the post reads primarily like an ad for ANY vendor, I hate ALL ads EQUALLY:wink:. That's just me.

Perhaps I'm lucky enough that some of my work ( rather than me, I hope ) is popular enough to get a fair amount of comments, whether I ask or not.
I think most people here know me well enough by now to always feel free to be BRUTALLY honest. My ego is healthy ( and big :tongue:) enough not to need any patronising and I'm not sensitive to honest criticism.

If you would like my honest comments, then the blank is absolutely stunning and the craftsmanship is really flawless.
I'm still not a fan of un-reinforced cap threads, plastic on plastic threads or if the threads are visible through the blank.
If you simply ask 'What do you think?' at the end of your post then I'm sure you will get loads more comments ( mostly good ones too !!:wink::biggrin: )

oneptbuk

Beautiful pen Lynn- I'm not a fan of gold hardware usually, but it works very well with this blank, which is very, very nice.

LL Woodworks

I think that may be one of the prettiest pens I have seen posted. I'd be proud to carry it and use it, if I could bring myself to actually put ink in it. Out of curiosity, how many threads does the cap engage on the barrel?

OK I want to respond to a lot of you but not in separate posts - Can anyone tell me how to put multiple quotes and responses in one reply? Thanks

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Press the inverted commas button in each post you want to reply to and then press the quote button for the last post you want to reply to. They will all then pop up in your reply box and you can write in between them:biggrin:

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Press the inverted commas button in each post you want to reply to and then press the quote button for the last post you want to reply to. They will all then pop up in your reply box and you can write in between them:biggrin:

Well I'll be darned, I learned something today! :redface:

OK I want to respond to a lot of you but not in separate posts - Can anyone tell me how to put multiple quotes and responses in one reply? Thanks[/quote]

Thanks folks.I've been looking for those instructions.Stubburn me,it's hard for me to give up and ask.Besides,every time I find it, it feels like saying thank you when I 'do 'ask.It is usually asked and answered before I find it.

OKLAHOMAN

Lynn, as has been said by some you'll get more responces if you ask for them, example: all comments good, bad or ? welcome. Some here won't post if not asked to.
Now here is my thoughts on your pen, the blank is great, the shape is spot on, both the clip and nib blend perfect with the blank and I always like a postable pen.
And yes I like it!:biggrin:

SDB777

Wow! I'm gonna need to get into that PR box of the wife's!! Seems I've been missing out....wonder how that happens.

I'm guessing the top is threaded for the clip? Mind sharing what taps/dies your using?

Fit-n-finish look spot-on! And the overall shape is very eye-friendly!

Scott (well done, like a steak) B

YOu keep making pens like this and you WILL become a popular guy!!!Many of the "popular people" have been seen grow from making slimlines to kitless and beyond. They, too have many posts to other members, who remember that and reply back. It takes time. I am happy when I get a like...people ar sometimes too busy to comment, I just look sometimes.

LL Woodworks

OK thanks to every one for you thoughts, comments and suggestions; I appreciate them all. I'll try to respond to only a few to keep the post reasonable but appreciate everyone's comment.

My 3 cents worth........

I think you have it all wrong, I'm far from being one of the popular guys around here but I get my share of comments when I post Because..... I usually add a line like.... "Any constructive comments or critiques welcome". That lets folks know that regardless of what I think of the pen, I am always open to suggestions.

One thing that might turn people off from giving their honest opinion is when we see comments similar to.... "I think the pen turned out great, it looks fantastic, I'm really proud of this one, etc). Who wants to bust someones bubble by making a negative comment or making suggestions for improvement! :)

I like this pen but would think a section with a little more shape would make the pen look really sharp. The section or "grip" is the most important part of a pen as far as writing comfort goes, focus on that and make it the focal point of your pen!:wink:
Thanks George - and to me the section is the hardest part of the pen to make. This one actually has more "pinch" and shape to it than the photo shows but could use little more pinch. I hope to meet you in Dallas Saturday.

Like a few have said, if someone doesn't actually ask for critique, then it can actually be rude to point out what we may or may not like about it.
I see loads of stunning pens and I hardly comment unless asked. I do hit the 'Like' button frequently though. I know this is controversial but please don't anyone pick on it but I also very rarely comment or even 'Like' a pen if the post reads primarily like an ad for ANY vendor, I hate ALL ads EQUALLY:wink:. That's just me.

Perhaps I'm lucky enough that some of my work ( rather than me, I hope ) is popular enough to get a fair amount of comments, whether I ask or not.
I think most people here know me well enough by now to always feel free to be BRUTALLY honest. My ego is healthy ( and big :tongue:) enough not to need any patronising and I'm not sensitive to honest criticism.

If you would like my honest comments, then the blank is absolutely stunning and the craftsmanship is really flawless.
I'm still not a fan of un-reinforced cap threads, plastic on plastic threads or if the threads are visible through the blank.
If you simply ask 'What do you think?' at the end of your post then I'm sure you will get loads more comments ( mostly good ones too !!:wink::biggrin: )

Thanks for the kind words - I to have a healthy ego and appreciate brutal constructive criticism, that is how I improve. You make a great point that it is the work & craftsmanship that that we want to be popular and appreciated. Thanks

Lynn, as has been said by some you'll get more responces if you ask for them, example: all comments good, bad or ? welcome. Some here won't post if not asked to.
Now here is my thoughts on your pen, the blank is great, the shape is spot on, both the clip and nib blend perfect with the blank and I always like a postable pen.
And yes I like it!:biggrin:

Roy I appreciate the words and will ask for constructive criticism in the future. Thanks for the advise.

Wow! I'm gonna need to get into that PR box of the wife's!! Seems I've been missing out....wonder how that happens.

I'm guessing the top is threaded for the clip? Mind sharing what taps/dies your using?

Fit-n-finish look spot-on! And the overall shape is very eye-friendly!

Scott (well done, like a steak) B

Scott - The blank is great - give the wife my compliments; as for the thread sizes (1/2-28 for the cap) (M10 x1.0 for the section) (and the the top or finial is threaded with M9 x 0.75

YOu keep making pens like this and you WILL become a popular guy!!!Many of the "popular people" have been seen grow from making slimlines to kitless and beyond. They, too have many posts to other members, who remember that and reply back. It takes time. I am happy when I get a like...people ar sometimes too busy to comment, I just look sometimes.

Thanks Glenn - I to am busy and sometimes do not take the time to comment on a pen that is deserving; and it is the consistent excellence in craftsmanship that we want to be popular not me:)

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
GREAT looking pen. This is the shape of pen that I try to achieve for. It looks like a pen. And the blank is something else. Those colors are really cool. Frank

Top Bottom