Burl on Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

This pen was made from the chunk of Burl it sits on. I kinda looked at the chunk a couple of weeks ago at the local Flea Market. I set it back down, starting to walk away the guys says," If you want it just take it, and the bad luck that goes with it". Me.. "Okay, thanks!" C~N~C welcomed. Be wel....................Jan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Looks nice, but I don't understand the bad luck statement the guy made. Is there some superstition that goes with burl wood?

jttheclockman

Just a suggestion. Turn your pen so that the clip sits to the side. All we see is the clip. To see the beautiful wood you need to spin the pen a bit.

Janster

Just a suggestion. Turn your pen so that the clip sits to the side. All we see is the clip. To see the beautiful wood you need to spin the pen a bit.
Thanks, I saw that AFTER posting. I'll add another pic. Thanks..............Jan
Quick point and shoot pic.

Last edited:

robutacion

Oh yeah, the price was just right, and as for the "bad luck" it only apply to those of us that are not female and good looking, that wins great points all the time, I betcha if was me looking at it, he wouldn't say that...! simple facts of life, my friends, just life...!

I can determine what sort of burl wood that is but, it already produce a great pen so, its a win win situation for you, huh...??? :wink::biggrin:

As for us...! well, keep trying...!:)

Cheers
George

cwolfs69

doesn't it happen that way a lot. you look, spend lots of money on all kinds of blanks and the accidental just happened to be there stuff turns out to be some of the most beautiful. you see, those are the ones that are meant to be and not the ones we forced to be.
(to philosophical?)

Top Bottom