"Bumble Bee Carbon Fiber Hybrid"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I gave up on the solid color fiberglass, there was no "pizzaz", just dull color. With some mods to my fixturing I think I finially got the hybrid carbon fiber/colored fiberglass down. I have blanks on the way to my field testers for their opinion. The depth and 3D effect in this blank is even deeper than the all black CF. Excuse the background in the picture, I was in a hurry and just snapped the photo on the work bench. And what looks like a seam on the blank is not. These blanks were made with a seamless tubing. All comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• bumble bee 006.jpg
    bumble bee 006.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 546
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
People will surely do a double take at that pen. Very sharp. I suspect it looks even better than the picture, and the picture looks great!

CaptG

Thanks for your comments, and Tim, these will go on sale after I get the nod that these are good from my field testers. And yes, there are several colors in the works.

John M

I have an Oakley kevlar wallet that has the exact same colors and weave. I thought that was kevlar when I saw it. I would buy some blanks for sure.

That looks great. I would buy several colors.

I am worried though, are you not doing the black anymore? I had lots of comments and sales and would try to stock up on the black before they were gone. I may even be willing to trade some killer smoked salmon for blanks. Oh wait, you probably don't need smoked salmon.

Ken

CaptG

That looks great. I would buy several colors.

I am worried though, are you not doing the black anymore? I had lots of comments and sales and would try to stock up on the black before they were gone. I may even be willing to trade some killer smoked salmon for blanks. Oh wait, you probably don't need smoked salmon.

Ken

Ken, I am still doing the black and have them in stock. I will continue to make these. Also Dawn and Exotic Blanks are also selling the black carbon fiber blanks, and when I get the production going on the colors, which should be soon, I am betting Exotic Blanks will handle those as well.

sptfr43

That is awesome! Would one of the colors in the works happen to be light green? Let me know when you have some for sale! Thanks, Heather(Sptfr43's daughter)

Top Bottom