Bumb on the End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyDentino

This is definitely a newbie question. Does the bumb that some turners put on the business end of their pens have a function or is it decorative only.

Tony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

It's mostly a creative design feature. However, my wife prefers it on her pen...she says it makes a skinny pen more comfortable for writing.

G

Also a lot easier if don't want to hit the bushing exact.
I like the little "Turks head" and so do most of my customers.

Fred in NC

I call them "ergonomic pens" and some customers like them because they have a problem with skinny pens. A slimline with a bump is still skinnier and lighter than the bigger pens. All my ergonomic pens are based on the slimline kit.

jkirkb94

The bump is just another way of making your pens distinctive. Some of the bumps have function as keeping your fingers from sliding down the pen. Some have the effect of increasing the diameter of the business end so that it feels better to some people. I have difficulty writing with a skinny pen. It increases my pain of carpal tunnel(which started with manually milling my blanks). A wider diameter makes writing more tolerable. Hope this helps. Kirk [8D]

woodspinner

For those of us with large hands it makes holding the pen a lot easier. You can also add some decorative lines to the grip area for distinction. I find most people like the feel.

Good turning and be safe
Bill in Casa Grande AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom