Bullets & Locomotive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sataro

Sataro

Had to get a few bullet pens ready to ship out tomorrow. Decided to turn this locomotive blank while I was in the shop. This was another nice blank that I had gotten from "firewhatfire" a while back. The first one sold quickly on my etsy shop. Not sure why I never took time to turn this one. But found it in my stash today & decided to turn it.

Attachments

• bullettrain.jpg
    bullettrain.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 297
  • bullettraingroup2.jpg
    bullettraingroup2.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 297
  • trainpic1.jpg
    trainpic1.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 374
  • trainpic3.jpg
    trainpic3.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 270
  • trainpic4.jpg
    trainpic4.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

How are those made?

Herb, these are really simple to make. Basically a slimline pen. Instead of drilling through your complete blank, you only have to drill the primer end out of the shell casing. I use a reloading press to knock the empty primer out before I drill. Drill the primer end out of each shell casing. Then glue your brass tubes in. The slimline tubes are slightly longer than the shell casing, so I just use the bench sander to grind off the exposed tube. I then turn a pair of the rifle casings on the lathe & use steel wool to shine up the rifle casings. I then polish tnem with brasso. Then assemble them like a regular slimline pen. I use empty used .308 rifle casings to make these. These make perfect sized pens.

Last edited:

OZturner

A Great Collection of Pens, Billy.
The Bullet Pens are Fantastic, Great Workmanship.
I love the Locomotive Pen, "firewhatfire" surely does some very special Blanks, and Pens.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Sataro

No, I meant how do you get the pic of the train on there?
A laser engraver?

Sorry about that Herb. No laser work. Printed pic & transferred to a blank, would be my guess. The blank came from firewhatfire. The credit goes to him for casting this blank. I just had the pleasure of turning it.

Top Bottom