Bullet pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravo

I have made a few pens using rifle casings. They are all 30 caliber (30-30,308,30-06)because they fit good to the slim line kits I used. My question is 'What other kits work for other calibers?' Thanks for your ideas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arjudy

.338 WSM and .340 Weatherby Magnum work well with Euro kits.

200641113625_338antler.jpg
<br />

.338 WSM/Deer Antler

20064111370_IAP340Weatherby.jpg
<br />
.340 Weatherby Magnum/Buffalo Horn

Fangar

I usually use a 300 winchester magnum casing with a slimline nib. These are Flat top finials and clips with a 7mm mechanism, cross refill. I also use the perfect kit 8mm with a parker refill and the same 7mm nib reamed out.

300s.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Skye

50 cal? I'm afraid to ask, dont think I've seen one yet I've liked, maybe you'll suprise me [xx(] [;)]

Skye

Well executed (no pun intended) but I still dont dig the size of the thing. The pic he has of the multiple pens, I like the other ones better, just cant get into the big honkin shell look. To each his own though.

byounghusband

Brian,
Can you turn the 50 to advance the pen, like the one Paul did? If not, how did you build this one?
I like your .38. I did one like that with Pauduk, but messed up my measuremnets and the tenons didn't line up.[B)]

Mine is made like Paul's. Thanks for providing the name as I was in the shop and going from memory. I'm working on a similarly made one with a cigar pen. The bottom is made like the longwood style pens. The bottom end has a piece of wood turned to shape with a tenon to fit inside the casing and has the end of the brass tube that fits inside a wood dowel glued in the shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom