Bullet Pens Info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

Anyone making the Bullet Pens,I found that by using the letter drill bit size "I" fits the primer pocket like a glove.I may be a little late with this info. seeing how I am just getting started in making pens and just made my first bullet pen the other day, anyway for those who didn't know, thought I would pass this on. Saves a lot of time if you are using a smaller bit and have to file or sand the hole larger to accept the insert.

Archie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

I used to use an "I". but switched to a "J". The "I" fit like a glove, but on the 300 win mags, that brass is so heavy and thick in that area (Primaer face) that the snug fit of the "I" sized hole around the tube, did not allow the tube to expand whe press fitting the twist mechanisms. The "J" allows just the right amount of space for that.

Cheers

James

knottyharry

Hi Archie, and James
I got one of the I bits and it seems to be working well.
One of the things I experienced was watching really close for glue in the tube. If there is any there...the transmission will crimp before you get it pressed in.
On the same note...in this drill size thing.
There is also the possibility of a metric bit.
You can get
6.8 mm
6.9 mm
7.0 mm
But you have to go to an Industrial Supply place to get them.
At least I can't find them anywhere else.
All of these are in the ballpark.
Harry

hombre4

Northern Tool & Equipment sells sets with all the letter bits from A to Z fractional numbers 1/16 to 1/2" and numbers from 1 to 60, 115 piece set for 49.99 and everything in between. They also have the 115 piece sets in 64ths and a better set for 119.00. With sets like this you don't need any metric. Check out their web site at northerntool.com.

Fangar

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />I got a great Set From COSTCO, probally the 115 piece for $39.99, Titanium Coated...

I have the same set. Great price. Cobalt coated are what you want for sure, but the COSTCO set is great for the price.

James

rtparso

I have a HS steel 115pc set of drills. If one gets dull I sharpen it (drill doctor) and if I start using it a lot I buy a better quaility bit. Most of the time I use my full set for finding hole sizes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom