Bullet pens 30-06 just finished

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from orbit308

orbit308

image.jpg
Just finished these. It was my first time doing real bullets for the pens. It was a real journey learning how to do these. A big thanks to Les for the help. I just need to finish the tops, probably antler for them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

trapper

Nice are the tips copper take a look at the freestyle I posted a few weeks back for an option on the top....... Happy Christmas Trapper

orbit308

Looks good. Did you solder the nib end or the primer end of the tube?

No, no solder needed on these. The bullets were a very tight fit, especially the silver. I did put a little CA on the bullets when installing, not sure if I will do this again. I also put CA on the primer end, but everything was a very tight fit, the CA was just insurance. I do recommend the HF diamond needle file set. It was cheap and a lifesaver on these. I live in South Texas and these are very popular, I just need to get a lot more done for next Christmas.

orbit308

Looks good. Did you solder the nib end or the primer end of the tube?

No, no solder needed on these. The bullets were a very tight fit, especially the silver.

I used Barnes Triple-shock lead-free .30 cal. They have little ribs on the bottom near the boat tail. It keeps the bullet very stable in the casing and I don't have to worry about the lead.

Top Bottom