Bullet Pen with Parker refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

I keep getting asked for bullet pens using the Parker refill rather than the slimline and so far have been avoiding making one.

Finally bit the bullet (
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
) and made one today.

Used a .30-06 cartridge as I felt that the balance between top and bottom would be better than using the .308 (due to the length of the Parker refill+transmission).

Here is todays' effort, using a a Navy Camo top with integrated black centre band.

IMG_5842.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Seems as if the tip of the ink stick should come out just a smidge....

What I really like on this is the clip, it looks to add weight and heft to the entire pen(more of a manly feel compared to those funny looking rifle clips)! Nicely turned blank too!!

Scott (rifles are manly.....) B

BigShed

Sweet, 30-06 is a great round and the universal standard that most cartridges in its class are measured against. Great pen.

Yes it is, I actually made one with a .308 and because of the length of the refill the top looked out of proportion.

Looks really good Fred i like the matching black ends blending into the camo blank, nice work.

Thanks John, yes that is the first time I have made a centre band this way.

Seems as if the tip of the ink stick should come out just a smidge....

What I really like on this is the clip, it looks to add weight and heft to the entire pen(more of a manly feel compared to those funny looking rifle clips)! Nicely turned blank too!!

Scott (rifles are manly.....) B

Looks that way on the photo but it sticks out exactly the same as the Cigar pens I have here, optical illusion perhaps?
The Cigar clip does look good and some people don't like the rifle clips, although I will be making a few with the Euro finial and rifle clip. I also like the plain Euro clip on these and they always sell well.

Looks great. Is that a modded cigar kit?
You pics aren't too shabby either!!!

Yes it is Skippy, I'm not using the Cigar bottom tube though and I have modified the centre coupler from the Cigar.
Glad you like the photos.

Looks great. Is there a finish on the brass casing?

No, just polished and Renaissance wax. Most of my customers prefer the patina that develops with use and I agree.

As always, excellent workmanship Fred. I too prefer the Parker over the slim refills.

Thanks for the compiment Charles, yes the Parkers are nice and there is a greater choice of refills, gel, roller and pencil come to mind.
Be interesting to see how it works with the Timberbits pencil refills, one could make a matched pair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom