Buffing wheels storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sschering

I have a single wheel but would store the same way..with the shaft sitting across 12" long pegs on the pegboard over my lathe.

rherrell

I converted mine to a TWO wheel set-up because I don't use the wax. I just hang it up but every time I use it I turn it on and hit it with compressed air to remove the dust.
I don't look at my pens with a microscope like some of you guys so I don't worry about a little dust.:biggrin:

Dan - I use the individual wheels (Beall) but my offering applies to the 3 wheel system, too. I have a box (cardboard but could be anything) that I store them in when not in use. I'm a freak about cross-contaminating so I wrap the individual wheels in plastic bags before I put them in the box. I also keep the Tripoli and white diamond compounds wrapped separately and in the box.

Katya

We have the 3 wheel and the two wheel set, both set up where we can reach them at the lathe. The three wheel set is supported by two L brackets (ends bent up to catch the "mandrel"). The two wheel set has a fancier wood bracket, suspending the set vertically. It's covered by a plastic bag, while the bigger set just has paper towels draped over for dust protection. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom