Bubbles or dandruff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tiny98

I finished my second casting ever. I think it came out ok for being the second but im not sure what to think of it. If you look real close around the scales is a white ring is this tiny air bubbles or is it just the skin? before I turned it you could see a small amount of color the scales but now its like WOW there it is. Im not gonna show this off I think I can do better just trying to find out what the color rings are. Thanks for any thoughts.......Andy

I used castin craft from hobby lobby and an old plastic drill bit tube for my mold. Thanks for all the help i got from hanging around this place!

Attachments

• snakeskin pen (456 x 264).jpg
    snakeskin pen (456 x 264).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 287
  • snakeskin pen (2).jpg
    snakeskin pen (2).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimskio

Nice looking first cast! What kind of skin is it? Did you remove ALL of the dead scales before casting? Removing the dead scales is one of the hardest things for me. Can you get a little more clear close-up of the pen?

jimskio

Tiny98

Thanks jim its rattlesnake skin. Ive never heard of removing the dead scale, could you enlighten me a tad. Im thinking more that its was something with the skin, i just skinned another one and it doesnt have any white around the scales like the last one did. I tried to get better pics but gave up after 4 new batteries in the camera...........Andy

Trux

To remove the scales- press a piece of sticky tape on the skin (I use duct tape) and then pull it off in the direction of the scales- you will need to do it a couple times to get them all. That should take care of your white ring issues.

Top Bottom