Bronze Fire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Here is my latest. I think it is my best so far, but i also buggerd the threads a bit, so this one is staying with me, which is why it is a rollerball. Its in a Bronze Fire PR.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks for looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC_0120.jpg
    DSC_0120.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC_0121.jpg
    DSC_0121.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 576
  • DSC_0122.jpg
    DSC_0122.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC_0123.jpg
    DSC_0123.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 577
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Justin, Beautiful Pen as Usual!!!:good::good: Your work is always inspiring! So when are you going to teach me to make one? :wink:. Regards, Doc:)

Very nice. almost looks like some type of burl in the pics.
Looking forward to getting the tap and dies and giving t a try.
Is the nib end from a kit or do you buy them separately?.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Threading polyresin? Congratulations!!!

I've been asked about this several times, and I don't know a thing---have you done it often? You feel it is durable? (the threads will "hold up"??)

Really like the shape, too. All-in-all a great looking pen (but the color is darker than that, please---turn down the lights:glasses-cool::glasses-cool::glasses-cool:

Last edited:

Timebandit

LOL! :biggrin:Its not the lights is my adjusting the exposure on the camera. My other camera is out for now and was having trouble getting a good pic of the depth of it, so i overexposed it. It is much darker.

As for the threads. It threaded ok, i did booger them a bit, but i think that was more user error. So far they seem durable, but we will see, as this is my daily use pen. Probably not as strong as Lucite. This was the first attempt with threading PR, but i have a couple more that i have already threaded and they seem to be Ok for now.

Will let you know how they stand up.

Justin

Threading polyresin? Congratulations!!!

I've been asked about this several times, and I don't know a thing---have you done it often? You feel it is durable? (the threads will "hold up"??)

Really like the shape, too. All-in-all a great looking pen (but the color is darker than that, please---turn down the lights:glasses-cool::glasses-cool::glasses-cool:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would truly like to know!!

It is a question I get fairly often---and I have no GOOD answer. Some have written about acrylester, but I think the characteristics of Dawn's mixture will make it different from acrylester (chippy and more brittle). So, I have not been able to give informed answers.

Thanks for showing--and I look forward to learning from your experience!!!

Timebandit

Very nice. almost looks like some type of burl in the pics.
Looking forward to getting the tap and dies and giving t a try.
Is the nib end from a kit or do you buy them separately?.

I bought these sections separately from The Golden Nib. The only thing is that they are metal instead of plastic so they definitely add some weight to the pen. They have them in Platinum and Gold Titanium. I didnt know they were metal at the time of purchase, but it still beat robbing it from a more expensive kit. Not sure that i will buy them again as i might jut start making my own roller ball front sections as well.:biggrin:

Top Bottom