Broken toe = 2 pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from solobiker

solobiker

I am a little bummed as I broke my toe almost 2 weeks ago which is keeping me from playing up in the mountains. I managed to spend some time in the shop and turned 2 pens. The white one is made out of antler and the other is a figured walnut. My foot is still not too happy so now it is time to stop being stubborn and stay off my feet. :frown: OH well..could always be worse. Too bad I have to be on my feet all day at work.

Attachments

• DSCN9970.jpg
    DSCN9970.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

Sorry to hear about your toe Susan. I was wondering why I haven't seen any posts. Those pens are beautiful.. Take care and here is hopes you can get an extra break at work to get off your feet... Fay

OZturner

Two Terrific Pens, Susan.
Take it easy with your toe, don't overdo it.
Great Antler Blank Pen, looks fantastic.
Fantastic Figured Walnut Pen, have you thought of making your own Centre Ring, and do away with the Waist Look ?
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Great Improvement can be seen with each Post.
Congratulations.

solobiker

Thanks for all of the comments. I got the anterler from one of my husband's co-workers as he is a hunter and gave some of the cutoffs. ( he uses the larger pieces for knife handles. ) The antler was a bit challenging to drill a hole through due to the natural curvature of it.. I had to wedge it in my chuck with small pieced of wood in order to attempt to stay in the center of the anter. I used a CA finish on both pens..

solobiker

Two Terrific Pens, Susan.
Take it easy with your toe, don't overdo it.
Great Antler Blank Pen, looks fantastic.
Fantastic Figured Walnut Pen, have you thought of making your own Centre Ring, and do away with the Waist Look ?
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Great Improvement can be seen with each Post.
Congratulations.

Thanks for the kind comments and the encouragement to try to make my own ring. I have been thinking about doing that. Too many ideas and projects and so little time. :tongue:

Fay Prozora

Susan I posted a pen with the center ring that I made and it looks pretty good tho I should have slimmed it down a little bit more... It is easy to do but can be challenging too. I used a scrap piece of acrylic for mine and it is so neat to do...I have never tried any antlers and too chicken to try it but it sure does look great in a pen... Fay How's your toe today?

Top Bottom