Bridal Reception Sign-In Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

titan2

If one was to do a pen for the Bride & Groom's sign-in, and money is NOT an issue.......what would be the best kit to use? This pen will be clothed in 'Ivory' and engraved.......will probably get a windowed presentation case also engraved.

Any suggestions as to what to look for and a link?

Thanks,

Barney

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
They key for something like this is the tastes of the bride. Is she in to a lot of bling or does she have more plain tastes? Then consider does she tend to wear more gold or silver as jewelry, the plateing of the kit should match.

Depending on her style, you could go with something like Rollerball in an Emperor / Lotus kit, or something more subdued like a Baron.

fiferb

This is what I did a couple of years ago for my son's wedding. It's an Emperor with Alternate Ivory engraved by Kallenshaan Woods. In hindsight I would have gone with a rollerball. Some people signing the guestbook complained it wouldn't write. I think they didn't know how to hold a fountain pen at the right angle.

Attachments

• Wedding Pen Enhanced.jpg
    Wedding Pen Enhanced.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 200

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I think it is very important that if you do something with ivory or an ivory
alternative, keep the bride in mind.. You do NOT want 'off-white'.

titan2

This is what I did a couple of years ago for my son's wedding. It's an Emperor with Alternate Ivory engraved by Kallenshaan Woods. In hindsight I would have gone with a rollerball. Some people signing the guestbook complained it wouldn't write. I think they didn't know how to hold a fountain pen at the right angle.

Bruce,

Very nice! Where did you get the Emperor from? I agree with you about using a fountain pen, I think a rollerball would be best.....don't want the FP nib mangled by someone not knowing what they're doing! I'll be having Kallenshaan Woods do the engraving also.

Thanks,

Barney

bitshird

Bruce I still remember when you posted that pen, it blew me away, I've wanted to do something like it since I saw it, I hope my Son or Daughter get married (before my grandson graduates college),my sons child, I have tried to get some flower shops to let me put something like that on display, but they don't want the responsibility. I really don't see the Ivory or Alternative Ivory color being a problem

fiferb

Top Bottom