Breast Cancer Sierra's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I was asked for pink pens for a breast cancer walk. I found these at www.exoticblanks.com . Ed and Dawn donate a portion of the sales to breast cancer awareness with each sale. I was glad I found them and they turn good even for a beginner like me. The Elegant Sierra kits were from them also. Thanks Ed and Dawn for being helpful and generous to us newbies.

Thanks for looking and as always tell me what you think.

Phil

whistleandbreastcancer003.jpg

whistleandbreastcancer004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

askcheese

That's brilliant!
My step mom works for one of the national breast cancer survivor organizations in DC and would be very happily surprised if something like that were to show up at the office.

I generally don't like turning the resins, but in this case, I definitely will!
Thanks for the idea--and I really liked the pens too.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Really nice looking pens, Phil!!

That material is called "Cav's Uni Pink".

For those who are new, the IAP's first Activities Manager was Dr. William Cavanaugh (dentist). "Cav" and I frequently threw barbs at each other on the forum, much to the amusement of some members who sent each of us emails encouraging our foolishness. Then, when Dawn started pouring resin, she was asked to make a pink that would match the "cancer pink ribbon". About that same time, Cav posted a picture of himself in his dress white uniform (Navy). One of the other members "photoshopped" the uniform to pink. As is his nature, Cav took it as "fun". Dawn saw an opportunity and asked Cav if she could name this resin color "Cav's uni pink".

They agreed that this would generate sales of the material, but they thought that "Cancer awareness" should benefit as well. So, it is true that about 50% of what we receive for these blanks is sent to Cav and donated to cancer research. (A copy of the receipt for this, from Cav, is sent to Jeff Brown, just so there is never any doubt about the disposition of funds)

Cav has taken a hiatus from the IAP for the last couple years. But he has continued to honor his commitment to our joint "cancer project". We are very grateful to him for being our friend and a strong advocate for cancer research.

I thought you should all know a little about an important part of the IAP's history-Dr. William Cavanaugh!!
(Activities Director Emeritus--title granted by Jeff Brown)

Last edited:

askcheese

Ed --

Your site says there are only 8 blanks left. Will there be more in the future? I know that I could kill that in no time flat (and given that mothers' day is just around the corner, I think my step mom would be tickled pink--pun intended-- to get a few pens like this)...

Chris

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
On all Dawn's resins, if it says "out of stock", just note in the comments that you would "Like xxx(number) of Cav's uni pink or Ancient Mars, or whatever you wish". She makes resin blanks every day---what color depends on what is selling. Just like Cheetos, you keep munching, we'll make more!!!

Last edited:

firewhatfire

Updated Pics

Thanks to Gary aka G1 I was able to apply the breast cncer ribbon on the pens, then of course I proceeded to crack one of the pens and had to make a new one. I now have to learn to print decals so I finish the job here on the last one.

AlabasterandSierras012.jpg

AlabasterandSierras013.jpg

AlabasterandSierras015.jpg

Top Bottom