Brasil Wood & Alumite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
This one was a blank I got from Curtis. This is much cooler than the photos show. I have gotten some blanks, from Curtis and and working my way now into the more unique ones. Still working on how to finish these "mixed" materials, but getting better.

Attachments

• IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RIPPIN45

Looks great. I bet the photo doesn't show it justice for the figure in that. I have made three pens using the Alumilite and wood. I finished my pens with CA, and the finish was great.

Great Job! by the way thanks for the quarterback this year!

PR_Princess

Looks great. I bet the photo doesn't show it justice for the figure in that.

I saw this pen in person. You are right..it looks much better than the picture! He is being way too modest again. Maybe Dean will also post a picture of the WW Zen he did..that one is really dramatic eye-candy!

alphageek

Former Moderator
I saw this pen in person. You are right..it looks much better than the picture! He is being way too modest again. Maybe Dean will also post a picture of the WW Zen he did..that one is really dramatic eye-candy!

Ummmm... I'm glad you and Ed saw that one in person! I realized about 30 minutes after that one sold that I forgot to get a picture of it :( That one was the same red, but with a bright yellow Agarita for the wood, and a much better finish.

I'm REALLY sad that I didn't get a picture of that one. I do have one more Agarita blank and am gonna be REALLY nervous turning it now!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Why be nervous? You do know that my blanks are guaranteed even if you mess them up, don't you? BTW, nice job on the pen. That Brasil was pretty hard wood, wasn't it?

alphageek

Former Moderator
Why be nervous? You do know that my blanks are guaranteed even if you mess them up, don't you? BTW, nice job on the pen. That Brasil was pretty hard wood, wasn't it?

Guarantee.... I guess I never thought of that. :cool: Not in my nature to make anyone pay for my mistakes :) But then again, I havn't messed up on a REALLY important blank yet!

Yes that Brasil was hard stuff. Its pretty too... Not as flashy as the Agarita, but I love the combination with the Red. Nice mix!

el_d

Great job Dean. Curtis does a nice job with his WW. I have seen some Agarita and if you like yellow that wood is it!!!

Top Bottom