Branding Leather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

I have scrap leather and can use it as business cards. I need a branding iron made. I know Woodcraft has a source, but has anyone else purchased a small branding iron for a reasonable price?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

It sounds goofy, but I've taken 2 strands of electric fence wire and spun them together with a drill and made a sortof iron that way. I just bent the wire into the shape I wanted then heated it with a butane torch. Yeah, I , know, kind of hillbilly isn't it? Worked pretty good on leather and wood.

aggromere

I have a good friend that is the protoyper for a leather company in my area. He has some kinda stamps that heat up to put his name on leather. I will talk to him this week and find out where he gets them, but i think they are expensive.

Jgrden

It sounds goofy, but I've taken 2 strands of electric fence wire and spun them together with a drill and made a sortof iron that way. I just bent the wire into the shape I wanted then heated it with a butane torch. Yeah, I , know, kind of hillbilly isn't it? Worked pretty good on leather and wood.
Clever

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
thats pretty kool...but i went to shapeways and it tells me to make my own design to "Download the part and make your own tag"...but i can't seem to figure out where/how to do that..??

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Never mind...once you create an account the buttons to upload text and/or image appear.

thats pretty kool...but i went to shapeways and it tells me to make my own design to "Download the part and make your own tag"...but i can't seem to figure out where/how to do that..??

Top Bottom