Branching Out From Pens A Little

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from t001xa22

t001xa22

With the Christmas season coming on, I thought I should change my gift-giving a little, so I started making shaving sets for the men in the family. I have made several since this first set, but because the wood itself is so beautiful, I thought I would show it first. This set is made with redheart wood. I had heard a lot about the wood, but this is the first time I have used it. It is a dense wood that turns and finishes out so easily. I really like this stuff. I have also found a source (The Golden Nib) for double-edged razor heads that swap out for the Mach 3 head on the razor handle for the shaving guys that hold with the old traditions.

Attachments

• RedHeartRazorSet4.jpg
    RedHeartRazorSet4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those are really nice... I have a kit to make one, but since my season is over for the year, haven't tried it yet... think I'll save your picture as a go-by and maybe I'll get inspired later this winter. Good Job!

t001xa22

Thank you, folks, for the kind words. These kits are very easy to make. As of this reply, I have made 4 sets, and they seem to be very well received. The add-on from The Golden Nib of the double-edged razor head fits very well to the kit handle. I have started using the set I made for myself with the double-edged head, and it is great. Takes me back to when I first started shaving. That was right after folks quit using sharpened stones to shave....LOL.

Top Bottom