Bracelets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

Some bangles for a recent order. 12 in a variety of woods: Walnut, Maple, Cherry, Jatoba & Yellowheart. Finished with homemade friction polish & buffed on linen wheel.

C&C welcome
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• bracelet_2.jpg
    bracelet_2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 255
  • bracelet_1.jpg
    bracelet_1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kludge77

once you get the process down they go pretty fast...

I use a forstner bit to drill out a 2 5/8 hole in a blank
Then I mount the blank on a jam chuck (this is the fiddly bit, getting the jam chuck just right. Add painters tape if too loose, sand if too tight)
Then you just turn to shape and finish. (I flip the blank once to finish the side closest to the jam chuck)
After that I remove from the lathe and sand the inside to about 180. (spindle sander) Put a coat of friction polish on it. After the finish cures (a week) I buff on the linen wheel.

Once you get the jam chuck made you should be finishing these in about 30 minutes or less.

Woodlvr

Those look nice. I made two bracelets and a few rings a couple of years ago but I was not able to find anyone interested in them. Do you have an outlet for these or is this stock for future sales?

kludge77

Thanks! Yeah, these were all to fill an order at a local supermaket. (like a home grown Whole Foods type store)

They loved the pens, wooded bracelets and wine stoppers. I had make a bunch before (2 3/8), but they didn't fit everyone. 2 5/8 is a more universal size. People with larger hands can fit and folks with smaller hands, can still use them comfortably.

Top Bottom