Bowl my dad made he was 80 when he made it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dntrost

dntrost

I just hope some day I will be able to do even close to what he could do.

Attachments

• DSC00270.jpg
    DSC00270.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00271.jpg
    DSC00271.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 172
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
That is beautiful Dion. I have a few things my father made and I treasure them. Mygun cabinet was his last big project. It has some errors in in that were not his usual work, but the fact that he finished it as his eyesight was failing makes it all the more special to me.

GoodTurns

Beautiful bowls and beautiful simple detailing, you should be proud to have them and the memories of him making them. my Dad didn't make much that you couldn't pour into a glass, fortunately, my grandmother was a lifelong crocheter, knitter and needleworker from the "old school". I have the wool fisherman's knit sweater she made for me as well as an afghan and a sampler that she made when she was 90. All have 1 and exactly 1 error, because "perfection is not for man". I will treasure these treasures for the rest of my life. My woodworking has made me much better understand the thoughts and feelings that our recent ancestors put into their crafts and the fact that they were more than projects, they were creations. I now understand committing the time and effort to make something better than it has to be, and appreciate it.

Top Bottom