BOW?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nightowl

My Sister-In-Law has requested a pill holder key chain in B.O.W. The only place I have been able to find any stock is at Woodcraft. I bought a 4 blank pack for $20. The only problem is that the blanks are 3/4 X 3/4 and the tube for the pill holder is 9/16. I tried to drill on and it busted on me. Ther is not enough wood there for my talents to drill it. Has any one seen any blanks that are 1X1? I would almost even take a 2 X 2 if it was long enough. I hate to waste that precious wood but maybe I could cut it down.

Russianwolf

My Sister-In-Law has requested a pill holder key chain in B.O.W. The only place I have been able to find any stock is at Woodcraft. I bought a 4 blank pack for $20. The only problem is that the blanks are 3/4 X 3/4 and the tube for the pill holder is 9/16. I tried to drill on and it busted on me. Ther is not enough wood there for my talents to drill it. Has any one seen any blanks that are 1X1? I would almost even take a 2 X 2 if it was long enough. I hate to waste that precious wood but maybe I could cut it down.
www.harrisburlsupply.com aka Nolan

me2cyclops

you could also glue waste blocks around the blank to give more support to drill and then trim and turn them back off.
i do this with the more fragile woods amd small blanks just make sure you drill straight and true and you'll still have 1/10" all around

marcruby

That earns today's great idea award!!!

Thanks,

Marc

you could also glue waste blocks around the blank to give more support to drill and then trim and turn them back off.
i do this with the more fragile woods amd small blanks just make sure you drill straight and true and you'll still have 1/10" all around

Top Bottom