BOW sold to co-worker who visited Israel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jp_white

jp_white

I was a little frustrate with a cartridge pen I was working on so I made this and everything just came together quickly. Even the CA finish cooperated this time. I showed this to co-worker who visited Israel a couple of years ago and he bought it on the spot. Pic was taken with my phone so it's not that great.

Attachments

• BOW small.JPG
    BOW small.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 447
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
OK

Good idea. Sometimes you have to move on to something else to restore your self confidence.
I probably shouldn't say anything, but there is something about that photo. Don't get me wrong it's a super shot from a phone camera, as a matter fact better than some get with much better equipment. But when I expanded it the room started to spin. I have a neuromuscular problem with a side effect of dizziness and this shot really kicked it into high gear. Weird or what? I have no idea what caused the reaction but I can't study the photo to find out. Think I'll fall down now.:biggrin:
Anybody else get a reaction or any idea what it is about this shot?

Rick_G

Larry might just be the angle the pen is on. Totally opposite to what we are used to seeing and then with the lines in the background fabric being vertical.

Regardless it's a nice looking pen and great when they sell so fast.

ToddMR

Very nice looking pen. You did a great job and your phone took a decent picture I think. Well done on a nice looking BOW pen.

jp_white

So funny about the room spinning! I think the reason is that the photo is actually rotated 90ccw. Not sure how or why that happened. Maybe I should add " Warning .... don't view photo if you're intoxicated, dizzy, pregnant, etc,". You guys are funny.

So funny about the room spinning! I think the reason is that the photo is actually rotated 90ccw. Not sure how or why that happened. Maybe I should add " Warning .... don't view photo if you're intoxicated, dizzy, pregnant, etc,". You guys are funny.

No problem JP. Cheap high! :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

marcsitkin

Looks really nice. I've just ordered some BOW blanks to turn for friends who travel to Israel.
I spent 3 weeks there in the summer of 2009. It's an amazing place. The olive trees are really beautiful.

wiset1

Now that is a sharp looking pen! The finish looks like deep rich glass...well done

ctubbs

Larry's problem may be from the beautiful grain pattern in the timber aided by the background pattern. However, that is one gorgeous pen. The fit and finish is outstanding. That is probably the best phone photo I have seen.
Charles

jp_white

rotate pic clockwise

Larry and I figured out the problem he was having I think! Some how when I loaded the picture it ended up counter clock wise. When Larry rotated the picture clockwise all is well. Thanks for the kind words about the pen. When I did that pen I thought I had my "new for me" CA process all figured out........not so, since then I can't get any of them right. Oh well.

Top Bottom