BOW and Craft Supply

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

Hey, I have a question for some of you guys with a little more experience in these things.
I recently placed an order with Craft Supplies USA for some BOW as well as other things. Well, I got it in today, was going through it, and looked at the BOW. The correct item # is written with a marker on the blanks, but on one of them is a white sticker that says "Olivewood Spanish" I am no Geography Professor, but I never knew Spain was in Israel?!?
Is this normal? Is BOW and Spanish Olivewood the same thing? Or, (and I hope this isn't the case) is CSUSA passing Spanish Olivewood off as BOW?
I hope someone can help.
Micah

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

It's probably just an honest error on the product code for that piece of wood. I believe you are right. Spain doesn't look to be in Israel.[:D]

timdaleiden

It sounds like you got a "SOW", when you should have gotten a "BOW".[:0][:p]

That's not a good deal. [:p][B)]

Give them a call, they are pretty easy to deal with.

Tim

Gary Max

Micah ----it should look a lot different than the BOW you bought from me.
The BOW I sold you came straight from Israel to me.
Olive wood from other parts of the world looks different.
Oh they will make it right over a craft supply if it's wrong.
One of the big reason I buy from them. Great customer service.

Rudy Vey

Both varieties come from the same species of tree. They should look pretty close. When I was a little kid, my aunt brought me a carved sail ship back from a vacation in Spain; the wood I bought from Diane and Ghasan lloks exactly the same. So much for that, but you want the real BOW, just to increase your sales.

micah

Thanks for everyone's replies.
I'm definantly going to have to contact them on this.
Gary, I do still have a little of what I had gotten from you and there is a definant differance. I had also gotten some a long while back for some ornaments and it looked like what you had sent as well. This wood does not have clear and defined grain lines like BOW. It is more of a washed out looked. Lighter grain lines and less defined.
Thanks everyone,
Micah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom