Bought a Laser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Saw a deal I could not pass up for a 500mmx450mm Laser, 5.5 watt Engraver/Cutter. Recieved it yesterday and spent about an hour setting it up and realized how big it really is. Tried using LaserGRBL to burn an SVG but could not edit it in the software so I downloaded the trial Lightburn and edited it and then burned my file by saving it as an svg and transferring it to the GRBH software and after a couple settings I had burned my first picture.
The Laser is: X3 Laser Engraver, 5.5W Laser Cutter Output, 60W Laser Engraving Cutting Machine, Laser Engraver for Wood and Metal, Engraving Machine with Emergency Stop, Flame & Gyro Detection, 16.0 x 15.7"
In the end I paid $150.00 for it and so far I like it but time will tell and the learning curve will be easier than I thought.

Attachments

• 437802614_943145790641157_6068229445745231284_n.jpg
    437802614_943145790641157_6068229445745231284_n.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 61
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I hope it works out well for you. I really enjoy mine. Don't know what I would do without it because it added so much to my woodworking hobby. Me being on the cheap side didn't want to spend the money for Lightbourn. GRBL was so frustrating. I went ahead and purchased Lightburn burn and never looked back.

Seer

I hope it works out well for you. I really enjoy mine. Don't know what I would do without it because it added so much to my woodworking hobby. Me being on the cheap side didn't want to spend the money for Lightbourn. GRBL was so frustrating. I went ahead and purchased Lightburn burn and never looked back.
I am finding that out I have the trial version and use it indoors to design and then export an SVG file and load it on the laser connected pc

Kenny Durrant

I am finding that out I have the trial version and use it indoors to design and then export an SVG file and load it on the laser connected pc
The best thing about lightburn is targeting your project. I put the object on the table and move the laser head where I want it to burn. It makes it super easy to use my rotary when doing pens and calls.

Kenny Durrant

Something else to think about. I use a roller rotary with air assist. I also turned most of my pens with a slight arc. Although it hasn't happened yet it's in the back of my mind. When engraving the barrel I don't want it to wobble side to side because of the air. So now when turning pins, I cut back on the ark or at least try to make a flat spot in the center so the laser can track properly.

egnald

When you start up Lightburn, see if there is a "extend my trial " button. I was able to click on it a couple of times and wound up with about 60 days. - Dave

Top Bottom