Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
I just received new bottle stopper parts. This is the second vendor I have used and both of there parts will not seal the wine bottles. I have tried them in a few different bottle with the same results.Both vendors said they have had no problems in the past.I can't be the only one can I? If any one can help I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.:(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

I've used both and now only use Ruth's stoppers exclusively. In all of the bottles I've fitted them in thay both did a great job of sealing the bottles but I think that the Nile's stoppers are by far superior than the PSI or Craft supplies stoppers. Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer. Maybe someone else has has a problem or two and they'll chime in. I haven't run into a bottle yet that Ruth's stoppers don't fit.

DKF

I also use the Ruth Niles stoppers, and with the greatest success...that being said, there are, on rare occasions, a bottle that a stopper will not work in....and in those cases, it is the bottle that is the problem....ie. possibly out of round etc....Just my .02........

airrat

Jim some pictures might help. I have only had one bottle stopper returned due to leakage. I changed out the silicon and that fixed the problem. On inspection of the leaking silicone I found a pin size hole it it right where he said it was leaking.

I use the ones from AZ Sil and Ruth.

Fred

Different bottles often have different diameter openings (Is there a standard size in the industry?) It sounds to me like you have such a bottle. Have you tried the stoppers on OTHER bottles by any chance? I also agree that Ruth's stoppers are the best out there. I have had absolutely no problems with any corrosion with her stopper material. :)

broitblat

I have used both styles with good success, but have had a few bottle styles (I think mostly Riesling) where I didn't get a good seal with Ruth's stoppers.

-Barry

Skye

Originally posted by broitblat

but have had a few bottle styles (I think mostly Riesling) where I didn't get a good seal with Ruth's stoppers.

I think Rieslings are normally put into screw top bottles, so there's a slight size difference.

Top Bottom