Bottle stoppers and hook files

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Froggy

Froggy

Here are a few bottle stoppers I've done.
Lathe011.jpg

Lathe013.jpg

A couple corkscrew/stoppers
Lathe014.jpg

X-MasGifts004.jpg

Some hook files
HookFile004.jpg

HookFile005.jpg

Lathe008.jpg

Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Froggy

Thanks guys.
The files came from PSI here: http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKFILE.html
The first two file pics are the first one I did. You can see a small chip taken out at the open end. Note to self: don't get in a hurry!. I've bought the carbide barrel trimmer since these were done, also.

Chris

Last edited:

KDM

I recently got a corkscrew kit. It looks similar to yours, but doesn't come as part of a bottle stopper kit. I have the two endcaps (apparenly a 6 or 7m internal thread) and teh screw bit, which is also threaded, but nothing to go in between. Did you have to make a bracing piece for inside your wood to give it strength?
Thanks.

Froggy

Didn't your kit come with the two 1½" 7mm brass tubes? It works the same as a pen kit.
You can purchase extra tubes. Or if you need some I bought a pack of 10" 7mm tubes. I could cut a few down and send them your way.

Chris

KDM

No. There were no tubes. Are your ends pressed into the tubes like one would press in pen finials? My endpieces are internally threaded, like they're supposed to screw onto a bar.

I have a technical support query in with the supplier - I'll let you know how that goes.

Froggy

It sounds like our kits are different. My ends do press in a tube, just like a pen.

I hope you get the info you need. :)

Chris

Top Bottom