Bottle stopper help...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from opfoto

opfoto

Just curious to those that make bottle stoppers:

Do you glue them together?
If you do, do you use Gorilla glue, CA, or something else?

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

Which kind of stopper are you making? If it is the silicone type I use a small amount of aquarium silicone to glue the stopper to the dowel. I didn't start doing this until some starting separating when people were removing them from the bottle.

Michael

monophoto

When I first started, I found that my drilling was too casual, and I needed to put some glue on the stud before screwing the metal stopper onto the turned top. I usually used polyurethane glue. But as I learned what I was doing, the drilling/tapping got better, and today I prefer to not glue them together.

I haven't made any of the dowel/silicone variety yet. But I do have one that my wife bought at a craft sale many years ago. The actual user experience is that the silicone condom does want to work its way off, and applying a bit of glue would make sense.

monark88

As for me, I don't use any glue. If I was to continue using chrome stoppers, I really wouldn't suggest glue. Stainless, maybe. Just my 2 cents.
Russ

beck3906

I thinking about gluing mine together. I'm getting tired of folks unscrewing the stopper looking for the place an ink refill goes.

Top Bottom