Bored stiff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I'm not much for TV, typing with one hand sucks, my Office is clean, my shop is pretty clean, the only real enjoyment has been sitting on my porch and watching the 20 or so Humming Vultures squabbling over the 3 feeders, those little suckers are violent.
I've never been able to get one to perch on my finger, but I have had to duck quickly but they are funny and cheap entertainment and a few will hover less than a foot away from my head.
If it weren't for this splint I have enough feeling and coordination in whats left of my index finger, I could load a blank in my metal lathe and turn a pen, not sure if I could put it together though, but the splint is all thats holding the tendon of the middle finger together.
Dr said every thing is looking better than expected considering I have diabetes, he almost pulled out some of the stitches but wants to wait till next Wednesday, it's going to be 3 times a week 100 miles round trip for therapy, I hope I can sell a few pens to cover gas costs, I think making some pens would provide a decent level of therapy, physical and mental, I believe the latter would be the more beneficial.
We sure are a broken up bunch of old farts, What would orthopedic surgeons do with out us :monkey::peace:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Sorry to hear about the injury.

Wont your insurance pay mileage for such a drive? I thought most would. If you haven't looked into that, you may want to. That's a heck of an expenditure.

ashaw

Ken
I can not agree with you more. In the past my orthopedic surgeons from my teenage years bought a boat from all of my visits. Now they are able to use it because they now get gas money from my visits.

Hand in there things will get much better.

Alan

DocStram

Keep track of your dates, times, and miles driven for doctor's appointments. If you have enough money for medical deductions ... it will help on April 15th.

Too bad you're 6 hours from Macon. I'd take a ride up to visit.

Gary Max

You could come up and clean my shop---away---you will like this-----no He didn't perch on my finger but if you stand real still----you can hold their sugar water bowl in your hand and they will fly up and drink from it---DAMHIKT
See I made you smile

GBusardo

I don't know what a Humming Vulture is, but it sounds like fun to me. Ken, take care of yourself and don't push it, but once you get the OK, I think pen turning will help with your recuperating considerably. By the way, do you have a picture of a Humming Vulture??

fyrcaptn

still bored??

If you're still bored, you could go on a shop tour!
Start with mine and you can spend all the time you need cleaning and organizing...
then on to the next one! I'll even offer lunch and sugar water for your feathered friends~
Pesky little humming vultures (kinda like the name - it fits ) they are entertaining. Never tried to get one to land on me though. They come through and I duck. Imagine if they were the size of a pheasant or a grouse!!
Glad it sounds like you're doing pretty well physically anyhow.
Still got you in prayer.
All the best to you.

altaciii

pin wi h you inju y

I know wha happened and I'm deeply so y. My ousin did he same hin o his in e and has li ed a ood li e or he las 40 yea s. He kinda ypes like his.

The good thing is you still have the rest of your fingers. The boredom will go away. You can always get on the site and have a few jokes with us. Sorry about my cousin story, its true just thought you should have a laugh.

Top Bottom