Boobies and Bands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

For the month of October I did a Breast Cancer Awareness pen. The base is a white pearl blank and the cap was a custom resin cast I did using simple white paint, glass beads, pink ribbon sticker, and a pearl coating. The cigar band casting was done with the help of Theo who was kind enough to send me some samples. Thanks Theo

6267353357_7744d5023f_z.jpg

6267878646_da94e0a2e7_z.jpg

As always, thank you for looking and larger images can be seen in my IAP Members gallery or my Flickr site, both linked below.

:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Funny! I just had some time on my hands a couple weeks ago and finally got around to finishing these up. I would hate to show a picture of all the failed blanks or the ones that never set, ha ha ahgggghhhh.

wiset1

I know right...after posting this I thought about what I wrote...! There's the idea...make one of those old vintage pens where the skirt or shirt lifts up. Pure vintage

Both are fantastic! I have a hard time voting against Breast Cancer Awareness but the Cigar Pen really caught my attention, very classy (despite the post title:rolleyes:).

wiset1

Thanks everyone! I recently saw a shirt that said "Save the Boobies" so I figured it would be a good fit for the title. Sorry if it was misleading, ha ha ha.

bitshird

I know right...after posting this I thought about what I wrote...! There's the idea...make one of those old vintage pens where the skirt or shirt lifts up. Pure vintage

I wish there was a kit for those, I remember them from when I was too young to understand, and that was a long time ago, I saw one in an antique shop but they wanted 50.00 for it, and while very retro 50s it was a bit too steep for my pocket.

wiset1

Thanks for the feedback...perhaps Jeff Powell can cast something up...? I probably would have spent the money just to have that pen now that I turn.

Brooks803

Very nice Tim! I remember seeing the raw ribbon blank (or should I say, "stripped" of resin :eek::hypnotized:). It came out wonderful and the cigar bands came out great also. You should be proud of both. Great work!

For the month of October I did a Breast Cancer Awareness pen. The base is a white pearl blank and the cap was a custom resin cast I did using simple white paint, glass beads, pink ribbon sticker, and a pearl coating. The cigar band casting was done with the help of Theo who was kind enough to send me some samples. Thanks Theo

As always, thank you for looking and larger images can be seen in my IAP Members gallery or my Flickr site, both linked below.

Nice Work!

You stationed at Belvoir? I work down the road a bit at Quantico, on the west side of 95...

Had some soldiers down from Belvoir in Wounded Warrior hunts yesterday and today.

wiset1

Nice Work!

You stationed at Belvoir? I work down the road a bit at Quantico, on the west side of 95...

Had some soldiers down from Belvoir in Wounded Warrior hunts yesterday and today.

Yea, we live on Belvoir, but I work on Bolling AFB for my position. It's a bit of a drive, but it's worth it for my son to go to a good school here on post.

edicehouse

I do have one minor complaint on the second pen. I wish I could see more of the cap, the pen covers too much of it up!

ToddMR

Two very nicely done pens! Wow! I like the bands and how it was mounted on there. The finish is so well done. I also like the pink ribbon pen as well. Both look like some quality work.

wiset1

Thanks Todd, I'm thinking about stopping by the local cigar shop and asking if I can display it in the shop or perhaps give it to them for a trade of cigar bands. I would really like to get some high end bands to use for pens like this. I have some vintage ones in mint condition, but I wanted to use those with some Walnut I have in the bin.

Top Bottom