bonding corian or similar product

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I have also seen dusting both pieces with baking soda and clamping together - Then CA applied at the joints.

I clean the pieces with dna and put the finished sides together with medium CA and clamps.

Drills nicely, though a starter hole with a center bit or a countersink helps.

airrat

I do the DA wipe then clamp. If you get a seam on same color corian your not alone. I have glued 2 colors together so the seam is natural.

jahlg

I love doing pens out of Corian!!!!!! I agree with everyone use medium CA, i apply it to one blank sparingly, then rub the 2 halves together, to get good transfer and spread then hold together. I have done quite a few and no seam lines yet, Just dont use 5 min epoxy, it is not recommended. Did it once and the blank blew apart during drilling, then other half blew up during turning!!!!

byounghusband

I just glued 15 pieces of Afzelia to 15 pieces of Corian centerbad pieces. I used Med thick CA. I have yet to turn them though, as OTHER things keep coming up....[V]

fuzzydog

I assure the flatest surface I can between the two or more pieces by sanding the connecting faces with 220 or 320 wet dry sandpaper adhered to a piece of glass. KenV might be on to something with the baking soda. I currently have a log of corian that contains 25 pieces glued together. When done it will be a rolling pin for my sister (providing I get a pie in return [:D][:D][:D])

dscm1

Thanks for all the suggestions. You all make a newbie feel right at home. I am going to put together a red-yellow-white diagnal cut "Chiefs" pen with a gold arrowhead inlay and have been having trouble getting the darn things to stay together during the drilling process. Hopefully the suggestions will work. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom