Bonanzle & Artfire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Well I pent a year trying to sell on these 2 sites, 4 sales the first month on Bonanze, zip on Artfire. So as of today I will not list there again working on my own website and a server I have to host my own at home. I carry a display box with me as I travel to alot of car dealerships for work and show them off which I usually will sell something. I know the 2 sites mentioned some people have great success but not for me, not worth the time and energy, nuff said.

I might try Etsy but I can sell better local for now.
A small Rant :biggrin:

Russianwolf

Don't expect a dedicated site to be any better really. You have to spend a lot of time in order to get people to the site, plus setting it up so it looks decent can be time consuming also.

I have a site and I haven't made a sell in nearly a year now on it except one slimline. Ebb and flow. There are times I sell half a dozen pens to one customer through the site and it pays for the site for several years. But I also had to work hard to get and keep myself on the first page of google when people search for Irish Bog Oak.

bitshird

My experience is the same as Mikes, I found that if I keep listing new items on Etsy though I do OK but I've only sold 5 or 6 pens in two years from my Web site, and none of them were items I had showing, they were custom orders. Like mike said it paid for a couple of years on my site and one order was pretty nice, but all in all I think Etsy or 1000 markets are the clear best bets, 1000 markets is just a pain because Amazon holds your money for a while and there are several things you have to do after the sale or else you'll never get paid, (read the instructions dummy) both are reasonable on their fees.

Another voice chiming in... I've had my own website for about 3 years... while I've sold enough to have covered the cost for those 3 years, haven't had a sale off the site in about 6 months.. I also list on ETSY, ARTFIRE, 1000Markets and a couple of directories... so far I've had a couple of sales off ETSY, 3 off ArtFire and none from 1000Markets yet.
I'm actually thinking about dropping the website and concentrating on the other market sites... I don't have any pens listed on the market sites, just on my website and haven't sold any pens off the internet in well over a year. I still do my art/craft shows around the area and do most of my selling there.

Top Bottom