Bog Oak, and ugly pen for a teacher, and something new to me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lyonsacc

lyonsacc

Managed to get these three turned in the past couple of weeks. They are:

A Music Pen for my daughter's band director. She goes to an all girls school, but is the percussion leader for the marching band at an all guys school. The 2 colors are for each of the schools. Not the prettiest combination, but it has a purpose. I had Jonathan Brooks pour these for me a couple of years ago.

Bog Oak on a JR Gent II. A year or two or three ago during a PITH I made a bog oak pen for my swap partner. I sanded it all the way to 12,000 grit micromesh then applied some renaissance wax at a high speed. I really liked it because you could really feel the depth of the wood. So, I finally got around to making one for myself.

Third is a tiny giant with a blank I won at the Midwest Pen Gathering in May. This was my first tiny giant. It is an inexpensive kit, and quite short. The cap feels a little "less expensive" - whatever that means. But, It does look good, is a pretty quick turn, and folks with smaller hands will probably really like them. The blank is from The Pensmiths. As I said I won a whole bunch of their blanks back in May. I don't think they are on the IAP, but they are on Facebook. This picture does not due the blank justice at all. Lots of depth, sparkle, and great swirls!

Dave

DSCF3098.jpg
DSCF3102.jpg

Top Bottom