Blue Maple Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

This is another one of Lazerlinez (Constant's)new stabilized blanks, I finally finished it, these are so easy to turn it's amazing, and finishing is a breeze wet sanded at 400 then Micromeshed to 12000 and renwax.
Blue-Maple-Cigar.jpg

Comments welcome
Thanks for looking
Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Constant's new process is great, no chemical orders and the finishing id easy, plus the colors are so vibrant, the material does polish with out CA but I would feel better for a long lasting finish using CA, this was just a learning and evaluation test. to my thinking the material is still soft, and comes off more like a dust than shavings, even with a brand new carbide insert, but I love it, I have several of his older pieces that I will try in a comparison. the Buckeye burl Long Click pencil I did is fantastic, I did seal it with CA and not a lot of difference in the gloss factor.

Bree

Looks great with the Satin Pearl kit. I ordered 25 of these kits earlier this evening.

Excellent work!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bitshird

Looks great with the Satin Pearl kit. I ordered 25 of these kits earlier this evening.

Excellent work!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bree I've only had plating problems on one of thes ekits, and it was because something was spilled on it, I have a couple that are two years old and still look good, My Son In Law is hell on pens, he carries his in his pants pocket and it still looks good, my kits come from Woodnwhimsies, .

Top Bottom