Bloody Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Ghoulish title huh! Well I have been in hell at work with a failure of a server component. During this insanity, I decided to turn a Bloodwood pen for a guy who did a lot to help resolve the outage. I took a couple of natural light PIX of the pen and here they are for your enjoyment. The pen is finished with 10 thin coats of Behlens Woodturners Finish followed by a Beall Triple Buffing and some Ren wax for good measure. It has a nice natural woody finish that I know he likes.

scimg4667.jpg

scimg4668.jpg

Oh... this is a Black Titanium kit I got from woodpenpro.com for $4 a pop. The kit is pretty decent quality and worth every cent of $4 each!. I bought 20 of them and I am happy that I did.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

I don't know how durable the finish is. 10 thin coats is not very thick but to be honest the wood is so hard that it probably doesn't need much of a finish. You could sand buff and wax this stuff and it is probably going to just keep on keepin on.

I sharpened up to where the skew could cut a hair down the middle. It sliced the bloodwood off like nobody's business... no chipouts or problems of any kind. Nice wood to turn.

It doesn't have much figure or even grain definition. But it has color! I am thinking that it will go great with a pen that has a lot of ornamentation so the wood compliments the ornamentation rather than competing with it. Like a Lotus for example.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom