Bloody bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

This is an ambrosia maple bowl that tore a chunk out of my hand when I was sanding. Whoever buys it is going to get some DNA free of charge.
Doug

Attachments

• PA240956.jpg
    PA240956.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

This is an ambrosia maple bowl that tore a chunk out of my hand when I was sanding. Whoever buys it is going to get some DNA free of charge.
Doug

Hi Doug,

Those are indeed, hands eaters, reason why a lot of us have learnt not to use our hands inside or even outside, and instead use one of many options available to all of us, electric or not. One of the most common and economical is the soft padded (sponge type) sandpaper available at most hardware stores, and a piece of wood as a handle, Affix the padded sandpaper on to the wood handle and use it to sand the inside of these type natural edge bowls. The same padded type sandpaper is also a safe way to sand the outside of these bowls.

I only hope that the piece that you lost out of your hand, isn't a big one and that you recover quick.

PS: I nearly forgot, nice bowl...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Fred

Yep ... Sharp edges traveling above 10 RPM are definitely something to look out for. They always are out for a bit of your hands, a pint of blood, etc. :eek:

Even with the sacrifical offering you turned a mighty nice natural edge bowl.

Top Bottom