bloodwood closed end baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Here is a picture of a close end baron....my first attempt. I think I made it a little too long. Comments welcome, good or bad. Enjoy.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200510731125_closed%20end%20baron%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

I like the detail at the end. It is definitely too long for a shirt pocket pen (I have couple that appear to be about that long myself) but they go well in a suit coat, pant pocket, or mainly work well at a desk. They are very comfortable in the hand. Nicely done.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Excellent fit and finish, Don. It looks a little long on the screen, but the real test is in the hand. Is the lower barrel drilled almost to the end?

PenWorks

Agreed, to long. At least it looks to long. Fine line to balance for looks and comfort. Width would help take care of some length, also some slight curve in the barrel. Another thing that would help length but hard to do with kit pens is seating the cap lower onto the pen barrel, and making the cap longer. With all that said, nice job [:)]

its_virgil

Thanks guys. It does feel good in my hand and is very comfortable with which to write. I made it with the help of John Solberg at the SWAT symposium this past weekend. Lou, it is drilled almost to the end and a smaller hole is drilled (close to the end) for the refill to slide into.John showed me a very clever way to hold the pen using a regular mandrel. I've encouraged him to write an article explaining the method so I'll not elaborate on the process until John posts the instructions. " 'Moan John" tell 'em how you did it.

John had a couple of these pens in the instant gallery this weekend and his proportions and lines were much more elegant than mine are on this pen. I agree with all comments and Anthony, I may try to make the cap a little longer and larger to move the eye from the length of the pen barrel itself. Thanks again, guys.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

vick

The body is not to long the cap is to short[:D]. Seriously I like the final on the body but yes it looks a tad to long. I have a tendency to make my solid bodies long as well.

PenWorks

I really need to take back what I said earlier about your pen. I sold my Bannana Bakelite pen today which looked just like yours, maybe longer, looked like a bannana on a stick. She loved the way it felt in her hand. What do I know [:)] Nice pen, again. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom