Bloodwood Big Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from doohboy24

Status
Not open for further replies.

doohboy24

just turned this one. sorry if photo is junk! i am still trying to figure out how to reize my photo's. i really dont have a clue how but this uploaded so here it is.

the pen is a big ben roller ball kit from psi with bloodwood. sanded to 600 and then 5 layers of ca thin. followed by plastic polish.

let me know what you think. be honest so i can get better at these. thank you very much for the replies and all the help i have received so far!!

2007102814810_roller8.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Not sure if its the picture, but are you sanding your finish out, I micromesh my ca finish to 12000 and then use a buffing (45 degree angles when buffing) wheel with white diamond to buff. Just not sure if it looks smooth or not.

Other then that pen looks good and nice choice for the kit.

gerryr

I agree with Tom. You can't go straight from applying the CA to a polishing compound.

Does this pen have metal to metal threads? I've never actually seen anyone make one of these so this is a first of sorts.

doohboy24

thank you very much for the comments i had not been sanding between ca finish and the polishing. i will start doing that. i dont have mm yet so would 600 wet or 0000 steel wool do?? thank again for all the help.

gerryr

600 grit is about equal to 1800 in MM and there are 7 steps above that. 0000 steel wool after the 600 grit will be better, but it still isn't the same as MM all the way to 12000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom